Since getting a data plan I've noticed that the battery life drops like crazy compared to the way it did before I had a data plan. I assume this is because it is constantly monitoring email, msn, blackberry messenger. Any suggestions for improving the battery life? Other then the obvious.
    11-18-08 08:58 PM
    Do you keep bluetooth on all day?
    11-18-08 09:01 PM
    The bluetooth option should be off I don't have any bluetooth devices.
    11-18-08 09:02 PM
    Do you have any apps that connect to the web for updates?
    11-18-08 09:04 PM
    Not that I can think of. I haven't added any applications other then Myspace which I don't use. Besides facebook, Blackberry Internet service, MSN, Blackberry messenger and the Calendar. That's about all I use.
    11-18-08 09:07 PM
    ....... That's about all I use.
    What a shame..... Use that puppy!!!
    11-18-08 09:09 PM
    Facebook, that's it. Uninstall Facebook for a day and watch your battery.
    11-18-08 09:10 PM
    What a shame..... Use that puppy!!!
    Still getting used to it. Haven't really figured out where to go yet for apps. Is there anything good is the Blackberry Lounge on RIMS site?
    11-18-08 09:11 PM
    Facebook, that's it. Uninstall Facebook for a day and watch your battery.
    Even if I sign out of facebook after I'm done browsing to the site?
    11-18-08 09:12 PM
    facebook has been very troublesome lately. even if you are logging out each time, I'd give it a try..
    11-18-08 09:14 PM
    How about the GPS part of it? I never use it. Can't that be turned off somewhere?
    11-18-08 09:16 PM
    Even if I sign out of facebook after I'm done browsing to the site?
    People keep saying that the Facebook app has memory leaks which would hurt your battery life...but mine is fine. I've never had this problem with mine.

Hit ALT-Backspace and hold the alt button...you should be able to see what's running.
    11-18-08 09:16 PM
    How about the GPS part of it? I never use it. Can't that be turned off somewhere?
    If you are not using a GPS app, then you don't have anything to disable.
    11-18-08 09:18 PM
    People keep saying that the Facebook app has memory leaks which would hurt your battery life...but mine is fine. I've never had this problem with mine.

Hit ALT-Backspace and hold the alt button...you should be able to see what's running.
    This doesn't seem to work on mine. Should it work from anywhere?
    11-18-08 09:19 PM
    From the homescreen > menu > switch app, does the same thing, you should only have home, browser, call log, messages, and bbm running.
    11-18-08 09:22 PM
    From the homescreen > menu > switch app, does the same thing, you should only have home, browser, call log, messages, and bbm running.
    I discovered this yes. I ended closing the camera. The only other thing I have running is MSN.
    11-18-08 09:25 PM
    It shows MSN seperate from the browser?
    11-18-08 09:28 PM
    It shows MSN seperate from the browser?
    I think it just shows the Browser. It may have been camera taking the battery down because today is the first time I've noticed the battery really dropping.
    11-18-08 09:33 PM
    I went into the applications area under options and deleted the Facebook entry. After restarting the handheld I still see Facebook on my desktop. However I no longer see it under the applications in options. Does this mean its removed?
    I also don't see MySpace in the options area which I also have on my desktop. I tried going to the application loading on the desktop manager. The only option I had to remove was MSN. So I guess FB is gone, at least the past I can remove

While in the options removing FB I noticed the battery life has dropped 5% in 30 minutes.
    Last edited by Jonesm; 11-18-08 at 10:01 PM.
    11-18-08 09:55 PM
    Since this initial problem I have not used Facebook and have had no battery problems. Recently I have updated my Blackberry software. Has anyone had this problem with up to date software?
    01-11-09 10:55 AM
    Before my BIS my battery lasted like 5 days now it lasts 2-3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD