Yes, so you should do a full backup first. Tours and 9700s are aging to the point where battery failure is likely. Once you approach the 2-year mark, it's going to happen sooner, rather than later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 02:42 AM
    Here is my deal. I have a Verizon Blackberry Tour, and I need to know what is going on with it.

I fully charge it, then use it for a bit and it shuts off cold turkey randomly, usually with about 70% left on the batter meter, which leads me to believe the battery is dying.

Then, once it shuts down, it takes FOREVER to get back on. Sometimes the red light blinks, then an hour glass spins on the screen, repeat.

Do I need a new battery? What do you guys think?

Thank you so much in advance.
    09-14-11 04:16 AM
    I'd say buying a new battery is gonna cost something and before we do it. We try out other troubleshooting on the device, I'd recommend you to use the device in the safe mode to check out if there's any application error
    Blackberry Safe Boot - (All Models - All OS Versions). If the device acts stable in the safe mode then it's an application issue where a wipe and reinstall would be recommended. If issue still persists after a wipe (It will make your device work faster anyways) then get a new battery.
    JBaker515 likes this.
    09-14-11 04:29 AM
    I called Verizon and they are sending me a new battery for free, but I still wonder if that is the issue. I have to assume it is. I am overseas right now and won't be home for 6 days so I need to figure something out.

Does that wipe clean all my contacts out, etc?
    09-14-11 05:30 AM
    Make sure you do a backup before proceeding so you don't lose important info.

I called Verizon and they are sending me a new battery for free, but I still wonder if that is the issue. I have to assume it is. I am overseas right now and won't be home for 6 days so I need to figure something out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 06:48 AM
    I can't seem to do it because the battery isn't powering back up...

So battery?
    09-14-11 07:46 AM

Don't worry but when I had my Tour after 2 years i just bought a new battery from Amazon and an OEM BB battery for $2.03 plus free shipping beleive it or not with the chip in it.

When you install the new battery charge it for at least 8 hours uninterrupted and then use it until it does, then recharge it fully and this will condition and cycle your new battery. PLacing in a new battery does nothing to take anything off your Tour.
    09-14-11 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD