I have a BB tour and recently have noticed a signifcant battery drain. My phone is fully charged when I go to bed and when I get up in the morning it is down to one bar or is completely drained. I have deleted apps I no longer use. The battery is not hot or warm to the touch. I am a techno dummy so if you have a solution, please use 25 cent words I can understand lol. Dummy question #2: could radio on/off have anything to do with the drain? When I am done listening to music I get a prompt wanting to know if I want to restore or turn radio on? Not sure what that means. Oh and I just looked at my battery status and it is down 1/2 bar. It got done charging about an hour ago and I have not opened any apps or used the phone at all. Thank you all for enduring my rambling on n on.
    09-27-09 09:57 AM
    Check for apps you might have running in the background. I am nee to RIM but not new to smartpones/pda phones. That is a big cause in general for battery drains. Especially for media such as music.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 10:16 AM
    Yeah, hold the bb button see what comes up. Only 5 should be up at all times that can't be closed.
    Phone
    Browser
    Home Screen
    BB Messenger
    Which Apps are you running? If you do turn off Radio it does save a lil battery life but is not a significant amount so it has nothin to do with it! I suggest upgrading OS and closing apps properly when not in use
    09-27-09 11:03 AM
    Playing music and other media is a huge battery drain. I was listening to a radio station on iHeart and used a full charge in an hour the other day. Another big drain is searching for a signal, check your signal strength. I do suspect media playing - as well as open apps as mentioned above.

09-27-09 11:35 AM
    Okay I have not done anything with my BB today and I am now down to 2 brs on battery. I am techo ignorant...How do I check for apps running in background? I assume I am closiing apps properly, I dont think anything is running in the background.
    09-27-09 01:26 PM
    At the opening screen, press and hold the bb button (left of track ball) running apps will come up. See my post above for the ones that ya can't close. Anything else on the there needs to be shut down by clicking on the program and once in it, hit the bb button, when the menu comes up scroll down to close or quit depending on app and it will be closed for real.

09-27-09 04:09 PM
    At the opening screen, press and hold the bb button (left of track ball) running apps will come up. See my post above for the ones that ya can't close. Anything else on the there needs to be shut down by clicking on the program and once in it, hit the bb button, when the menu comes up scroll down to close or quit depending on app and it will be closed for real.

huh. It's the ALT key and the Key to the RH side of the trackball that brings up the list of running apps. Not the BB key.
    09-27-09 05:06 PM

thank you thank you thank you. Your patience in replying to my plea for help has paid off. I followed your instructions to the "T" and I found I had a crap load of open apps running. This just goes to prove that trusting an old F&%$#@ with new technology is not a good idea lol. If your ever in San Diego my wife and I owe you dinner for your help. This had been driving me nuts all day long. Thanks again.
    09-27-09 06:04 PM
    geddes52 it was my pleasure. This is what the Crackberry community is all about. Helping eachother. I live in PA so San Diego is a bit of a drive for dinner. However, the offer was nice.

mrking.id: your method will work as well. The quicker route is to simply hold the bb button for a few seconds. Try it. you'll like it...
    09-28-09 11:32 AM
    Hey mrking.id, try holding down the green phone button too. It'll skip the phone log and go right to Contacts. Plenty of little tricks out there ya know. Just gotta keep searchin.
    Or maybe try holding the alt key and press "/"/ Check out your event log then clear that sucker.
    09-28-09 11:39 AM
    mrking.id, I just noticed you have a Curve. That OS does not offer that option. That's why my directions seemed strange. Sorry for the confusion. I'm not sure the other things I mentioned will work either. They certainly do on the Tour, Bold, Storm, new Curve, etc...
    09-28-09 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD