Does being connected to a BES drain battery more than being soley on BIS?

Or is it more a function of how much voice/data (texts, emails, ....) one sends/receives?

Will a heavy BES user have the same battery life as a heavy BIS user?
    12-24-09 12:13 PM
    i have always thought bes users battery will drain quicker. more constant interactions on the phone and network, between syncing contacts and calender and email. thats what i always would of thought.
    12-24-09 12:17 PM
    i have always thought bes users battery will drain quicker. more constant interactions on the phone and network, between syncing contacts and calender and email. thats what i always would of thought.
    Yup BES does drain much faster. I have 2 storms one with BES and one BIS. BIS still have 80-85% towards the end of the day, while the BES is close to 30%
    12-24-09 01:19 PM
    Any tips for BES user to optimize battery life?
    12-24-09 01:33 PM
    Yup BES does drain much faster. I have 2 storms one with BES and one BIS. BIS still have 80-85% towards the end of the day, while the BES is close to 30%
    Both have the same OS loaded and settings ? and are they used equally?
    12-24-09 02:31 PM
    I don't know for a fact but I suspect if there's a difference it's simply because BES users might have more usage, particularly data usage. To maximize battery life, you can turn off Bluetooth, make sure you don't keep apps like Facebook or Viigo active, use the browser sparingly, and don't stream audio using apps like iHeart.
    Me, I don't follow any of these suggestions - just keep the battery charged overnight every night. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 08:32 PM
    Is this for real?? I can't imagine a BES user experiencing worse battery life than a BIS user, unless they are receiving a lot more e-mails then a BIS user. The phone is the same, and a BES user isn't downloading any "special" data that would kill their battery life. A BIS user and a BES user who field identical numbers of messages/data usage should experience the same battery life, unless I'm missing something...

12-24-09 09:05 PM
    I get roughly the same battery life when I connect to our BES or when I just use BIS(depending on if I decide to attach whatever Blackberry at the time to our BES). I think it depends on the other use of your blackberry rather than the BIS/BES
    12-24-09 09:08 PM
    I can corroborate this. I am a former ATT BIS user. I used to use desktop redirector to receive corporate email. At the end of the day, I would be left with 50-75% charge remaining, depending on how hectic the day was. My company recently went to a BES and provided me with a BES account. Now, the same phone, used the same way with the same frequency completely dies by the end of every day. The only difference is the BES account.

I am noticing that now I'm on BES, I lose the 3G network quite often and revert to EDGE. This did not happen before the BES migration.

05-10-10 11:29 PM
    Battery life is the same if all things are equal.

The differences may be simply a matter of usage and the latitude to load more
    battery draining apps via BIS but all in all neither drains the battery faster. The user
    and the usage is another matter.
    05-10-10 11:53 PM
    Battery life is the same if all things are equal.

The differences may be simply a matter of usage and the latitude to load more
    battery draining apps via BIS but all in all neither drains the battery faster. The user
    and the usage is another matter.
    Like I said above, I've had no change in usage other than migrating to the BES. The difference is that with a BES (same email account, even!) now it's connecting to do more wireless sync activities, such as contacts and calendar events.

All else being equal, the phone goes through more data on the BES than the BIS for a similar amount of activity.

05-11-10 12:25 AM
    If your phone is dropping to EDGE a lot more, why not just leave it in that? It almost sounds like signal degraded recently.
    05-11-10 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD