Hi all,

I have ordered a Bold and was just trying to guage people's opinions on how long to charge the phone out of the box before turning it on. Should you charge for 24 hours without turning on or can you charge but still turn the phone.

Just trying to ensure the battery is charged first off in the best way to get the most out if it in the future. P.s i searched the forums for a similar thread as i'm sure this has been asked before but no luck so will delete if needed!

Cheers!

Mark
    09-28-08 04:38 AM
    The best way to get the most out of your Phone, is by READING the "Owners Manual" out of the box.

Welcome to the Crack!
    09-28-08 05:16 AM
    i would charge it 10 to 12 hours the first time.
    09-28-08 02:11 PM
    I usually charge new phones overnight, which also stops me staying up all night to play with the new toy.

This seems to work for me: Give it one really good charge for 12-14 hours, use it to about 25% capacity remains then recharge fully. From there onward try to keep the battery with as much charge as possible, so plug it in if its on your desk all day, or a long car journey.

The modern Lithium batteries have a lot of built-in intelligence so they don't overcharge and there is no 'memory effect'. Unlike the old NiCd cells and dumb chargers, there is more risk you will fail a Li cell by deep discharge. I like to charge Li-ion batteries before they drop to 30% if possible and topping up when the battery is still above 70% doesn't seem to cause problems. (My Nokia phones just get charged in the handsfree adaptor every time I drive, and I've never had a battery fail.)
    09-28-08 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD