Its a good update just keep in mind the issue might worsen of course if water was able to reach the internals and start to corrode. Not knowing a thing about it I would imagine this might happen but it should take a loooong time. Still a good sign you are able to use it so soon.
    01-25-09 07:54 PM
    Weatherbug might be telling you - its wet! (see that was a bad attempt at humor)

As for baths - this guy takes them all the time. I read for hours but I never take Tera (that is my berry) with me.........
    01-25-09 07:55 PM
    Well, i learned something new then

i take my phone in the bath too, Coach!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 07:57 PM
    Track ball seems a lil sluggish but so far so good. I just hope it doesn't get all buggy on me.

Tremor... (MINES) would love to meet "Tera" maybe do a lil bluetooth snyc or something lil BBM lol

01-25-09 08:02 PM
    Coach, and I am no expert on this, but I think you may be doing
    your phone more harm than good. Four hours really is not nearly
    enough time for the phone to dry out. By running it before it does
    you run the risk of damaging the internally circuitry of your phone.
    01-25-09 08:03 PM
    That totally sucks. I have you beat though...My wife got a new 8830 as her company phone and dropped it in a toilet full of pee...NASTY...Phone was fried and there was no way I was going to touch it! LOL
    01-25-09 08:06 PM
    When I had Sprint, there was no limit to how many insurance claims I could do within a specific time frame. I think I did like 4 or 5 on my Fusic within a month or so, the phones they would send me would stop working, or have some annoying bug or another, so the local store just kept doing claims and getting me replacements. I hope your BB recovers... I've only had mine a months and I cried when she fell 4 feet off the kitchen table the other night (survived with not a scratch thanks to her silicone outfit)
    01-25-09 08:15 PM
    i would call and ask. once i broke/lost my phone on verizon two times in one year and it was covered. there's a deductible you have to pay so hopefully it won't be a problem
    01-25-09 08:24 PM
    Hey its workin so far so I mean I guess it could still go on the fritz but it workin like normal

01-25-09 08:30 PM
    I dropped mine in a my friend's water bowl for her cat. I ripped the battery out immediately, dried it the best I could.

For the next 2 days I battled with it. I'd start it up, and it'd do nothing but vibrate, no screen, nothing. Then after a day or so, I'd get the screen, but the buttons would sporadically decide not to work.

I was on the verge of trying the rice thing, but my blackberry battled back. It's alive and running fine.
    01-25-09 09:11 PM
    Ya I have noticed mines a lil laggy and froze up a few times. So I'm gonna rice it over night and see if it works....

01-25-09 10:02 PM
    Ok woke up today (MINES) was still a lil laggy hour glass and a few frezzes so I did a memory wipe.

01-26-09 06:17 AM
    I did a memory wipe, I knew I'd loss must apps and stuff. But I lost my NFL on sprint but since got that back. Now I lost my docs 2 go and am having a hard time getting it loaded on my Curve 8330 from DM app loader! I'm gonna try to download no success yet so if any one has an OTA link for docs 2 to free ver. Let me know please

01-26-09 07:06 AM
    Update? please? LOL
    01-26-09 07:06 AM
    Sounds to me like its done. I'm guessing you don't have the 1 year warranty left? If not I think you need to make a trip back to your dealer.
    01-26-09 07:19 AM
    My Curve 8330 from sprint named (MINES) is back from the depths of my tub and is very good working order. If not faster then B4. As you can see if you follow my posts through out this thread it wasn't easy but we are almost 100% back only need to get docs 2 back on this bad boi and we are all good!

01-26-09 07:32 AM
    If you had registered your D2G at any time then you're allowed five free ota dl as needed.
    01-26-09 07:35 AM
    This Thread
    makes me want to pick up at&t insurance

...then again, im eligible for upgrade in a few months so...
    Last edited by blackberry99bmw; 01-26-09 at 07:43 AM. Reason: wasn't centered :}
    01-26-09 07:42 AM
    Wpwren but I don't know the code it asks for a code.

01-26-09 07:45 AM

wpwren? what?
    01-26-09 07:56 AM
    I think Sprint is 3 times a year.
    01-26-09 09:07 AM

You would have had to register the sw at some point of having on your phone before the wipe etc which I'm sure you know.

You might try emailing them and explaining your case, they might help you out with a dl. They make up to five dl instances available for reg. users so ya never know.
    01-26-09 09:17 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD