Does anyone know of an app that will just give basic GPS functionality. Don't need maps, don't need compass, don't need waypoints, not interested in Geocaching. An application like Black Star but with not as much bells and whistles.

I saw on the Blackberry Appsworld site a program called GPS Tools by Tworoads. I contacted them but received no response. I tried to DL the app but I do not have OTA abilities where I am. If anyone has that app in APX/COD format and wouldn't mind emailing it me I would appreciate it.

Again, just looking for basic GPS info updated in realtime. Thanks
    10-18-10 11:53 PM
    BlackStar sounds like exactly what you want. It's small, free, and fast. If you don't need a feature, just don't use it.
    10-19-10 10:31 AM
    Options->Adavanced options->GPS->Menu->Refresh GPS is about as basic as you can get.
    10-20-10 08:41 AM
    That's a good suggestion if he has a GSM phone. Refresh GPS isn't an option on CDMA devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-10 09:53 AM
    In BlackStar, if you do not want to see unused options in the menu, go to Options/Main Menu and deselect the options you do not use. You may need to close out of BlackStar and open it again to see the change.
    It will make it a little cleaner for you.
    10-20-10 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD