The article actually does have a valid point about the company lacking direction with its current product line: BBM for teenagers, Q20 for enterprise, Z3 for developing world consumers, etc. etc.

Despite all the talk about focusing on businesses/"prosumers", the only difference between Blackberry's current target demographic and the former target demographic that I can discern is that Blackberry is no longer focusing on developed nation consumers.

And it should be noted that lost of focus doesn't even appear so much the decision of Blackberry. Blackberry products were expelled from carriers, which no longer want to deal with product busts like the Z10 or Q10.
    It really isn't about vision, and so far Chen has presented NONE at all, but I wouldn't expect him to, as there is no clear avenue for a BB miracle at the moment. People at CB hear some vague rhetoric "prosumers", "mobile computing"....what have you....dream up their own ridiculous vision of it - which doesn't even match other fanboy versions. Take the 10 most extreme fanboys here, and ask them EXACTLY what the plan is, the direction, the products...and you'll get different answers, yet all will agree that the path is clear, that Chen is "moving forward", making "all the right moves", EXACTLY as he should, and that if you can't see that, you're blind, wrong, brainwashed, and can't see that BB is poised to the be biggest company in mobile.

Well, he is making the right move, which is basically pursuing any avenue that appears to have any viability (which the company still has the resources to pursue). He'll see if anything sticks, hope some thing(s) do, and eject the rest. Right now, this is limited to: try to salvage BES, and a small business market, try to sell cheap phones to developing nations, float the idea of more qwerty, see if BBM can gain traction, keep QNX going (the healthiest, but unfortunately very small, part of BB) and keep cutting costs. The truth is, without a huge backer, this is all he can do at the moment. You can call it grasping at staws, being opportunistic, or anything else - it's the same thing at this point.
    Last edited by richardat; 03-12-14 at 03:41 PM.
    JeepBB and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    03-12-14 02:09 PM
    Engadget is irrelevant.

Posted via CB10
    Irrelevant to who? You?

They have a huge readership. Don't think you can call that irrelevant.

Furthermore I doubt you would be saying that if the article had be singing BlackBerry's praises. You'd be the first one saying how great they are.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Last edited by crazigee; 03-12-14 at 04:11 PM.
    03-12-14 02:18 PM

Furthermore I doubt you would be saying that if the article had be single BlackBerry's praises. You'd be the first one saying how great they are.

I'd be the first!?.....lol wtf

You seem to know a lot about my forum habits....more then even I know apparently....

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 03:39 PM
    I'd be the first!?.....lol wtf

You seem to know a lot about my forum habits....more then even I know apparently....

Posted via CB10
    Yes, you can tell a lot about someone when they make ridiculous comments like that with out providing substation.

Last edited by crazigee; 03-12-14 at 04:06 PM.
    03-12-14 03:55 PM
    Yes, you can tell a lot about someone when they make ridiculous comments like that with out proving substation.

Pot calling the Kettle black much?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 03:57 PM
    Pot calling the Kettle black much?

Posted via CB10
    Wow. How childish. You just proved my point. Instead of providing some substation for your previous post, which was pure generalization, you instead tried a smart*** retort.

Maybe this one next time? "I'm rubber you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you."

richardat likes this.
    03-12-14 04:08 PM
    Wow. How childish. You just proved my point. Instead of providing some substation for your previous post, which was pure generalization, you instead tried a smart*** retort.

Maybe this one next time? "I'm rubber you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you."

Good talk....see you out there.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 04:13 PM
    Good talk....see you out there.

Posted via CB10
    So I guess we'll just assume you have nothing imperial to substantiate your claim about Engadget.

richardat likes this.
    03-12-14 04:26 PM
    The Engadget article misconstrues what Gary says to fit their narrative, which is unnecessarily negative (perfect example: harping on stickers in BBM). BlackBerry is focusing on Enterprise as far as reorganizing their sales and development efforts. Some things are still proceeding that may seem counter to that, such as BBM. BBM is going to be pushed into having a more business-oriented side. The fact is that even things for the enterprise need to be consumer-friendly - that's how Apple has made it into the enterprise. Focus doesn't necessarily mean drop everything not perfectly aligned to it.
    03-12-14 05:28 PM
    I dont understand why they still post about BB if its so dead.Its like when they have no info or data they just scower on whats happening in mobile. BB are always doing something do they just scower around see BB doing great stuff and post absolute garbage with cut and paste their old articles.How dead is it that you have to talk about something you dont rate and continously say is dead.

If they dont rate something then stop posting about it doe'snt make sense.Especially as none of their readers are intersted so its laughable that they still try to post about BB. Its quite an irrleavant site to be honest.Gaming has come to the foerfront and just buried all this mobile sites.No new data lets see what BB is doing then slag it off. And no BB are not confused its called diversifying qnx is a car division then then there's mobile and services they are working on.

IF BB are dead stop posting about it the campaign to stop people from using BB is just sad.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 03-24-14 at 06:38 AM. Reason: So many typo erros My wireless keyboard.had to go.
    jayemmbee likes this.
    03-13-14 03:31 PM
    It really isn't about vision, and so far Chen has presented NONE at all, but I wouldn't expect him to, as there is no clear avenue for a BB miracle at the moment. People at CB hear some vague rhetoric "prosumers", "mobile computing"....what have you....dream up their own ridiculous vision of it - which doesn't even match other fanboy versions. Take the 10 most extreme fanboys here, and ask them EXACTLY what the plan is, the direction, the products...and you'll get different answers, yet all will agree that the path is clear, that Chen is "moving forward", making "all the right moves", EXACTLY as he should, and that if you can't see that, you're blind, wrong, brainwashed, and can't see that BB is poised to the be biggest company in mobile.

Well, he is making the right move, which is basically pursuing any avenue that appears to have any viability (which the company still has the resources to pursue). He'll see if anything sticks, hope some thing(s) do, and eject the rest. Right now, this is limited to: try to salvage BES, and a small business market, try to sell cheap phones to developing nations, float the idea of more qwerty, see if BBM can gain traction, keep QNX going (the healthiest, but unfortunately very small, part of BB) and keep cutting costs. The truth is, without a huge backer, this is all he can do at the moment. You can call it grasping at staws, being opportunistic, or anything else - it's the same thing at this point.
    Thank you for depressing me.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 06:29 PM
36 12