BMO or Bank of Montreal recently updated their mobility banking app. Good news, right?
    Well if you are an OS10 user it is, but if you are on OS7 its not. I had been using their OS7 App on
    my Bold 9900 for several months and really loved the App, it was a simple UI and worked flawlessly.
    About 3 weeks ago it stopped working, so I waited and waited for a new update but it never came. I
    contacted BMO the other day to inquire what was going on and they said they were only going to be
    supporting touch screen devices such as BB10, IOS and Android phones...I told them I was on contract
    with my OS7 device for another 10 months, so as I absolutely need mobile banking I would have to
    think hard what I was going to do... What Bank App do you use? Should I switch Banks? Do you know
    what bank apps are still supported on OS7 devices? Super frustrated.
    03-20-14 07:57 PM
    Time to ask for early upgrade and get an os10 bb or buy one online. Def worth it and the fact your bank actually mentioned BB10 is a miracle. I had to get my bank app from Android.
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    03-20-14 08:22 PM
    I wish I had money in my bank account to have a use for it everyday.

I'm assuming you cannot login to the web version for whatever reason? Even if you did switch banks, I think you'll run into this same issue, with OS7 getting closer to end of life and all focus on BB10, ios7, Android 4.x, etc.
    03-20-14 08:30 PM
    To be fair the Bold 9900 is almost three years old and on an end of life platform. It's one thing to develop an app that is compatible with older and newer versions of a platform (for instance BMO's iOS app compatibility goes back iOS 5.x) but it is another to develop two completely different applications for one smartphone vendor with such small marketshare. Try going to m.bmo.com for their mobile site. I have found at times the m.sitename.com mobile sites are better than apps because you don't have to install anything and they are simpler and faster.
    03-20-14 08:38 PM
    Thanks - appreciate the feedback. Although the 9900 is a couple of years old now, it is by far the most used BB device by business people. Not all companies are willing to spend the money for new servers etc. to switch to BES10...That being said I have begged and pleaded with the company I work for to do so but to no avail... So in the business world BB7 will not fade away quickly. Cheers.
    03-20-14 08:49 PM
    Not much money in there, just keep paying the bills.
    03-20-14 08:51 PM
    Your first mistake is banking at BMO the beat thing I ever did was switch to RBC and second start saving and get a BB10 they are amazing

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 09:34 PM