So this capability has been in our phones for a while or is BoA just crazy???
    02-25-11 11:33 AM

So this capability has been in our phones for a while or is BoA just crazy???
    from the front page:

We didn't expect to see much of NFC until the rumored 2011 devices hit later this year, but Bank of America is already putting the NFC technology to good use. They have started a trial of their Mobile Wallet program that will allow testers to receive a new battery door and microSD card to NFC-ize their device. The program lets users make payments using only their NFC outfitted BlackBerry (currently supported are the Curve 85xx, Tour and Bold series) anywhere MasterCard is accepted. The trial looks to start sometime this spring and is invite only. Great stuff!
    so it doesn't sound like it's built-in
    02-25-11 12:12 PM
    Cool, so it seems the same technology used to build WIFI integrated into a MicroSD will now be used for NFC MicroSD cards as well. Should make it easier for older devices to support this if there's a memory card slot. Only question is, why isn't the Storm in there? The card slot in it I believe is just as large as the one in the Tours.
    02-25-11 12:46 PM
    Personally I don't want NFC payments in my phone. I've lost a phone before while on international travel and it would just be one more thing to worry about. Just give me the chip under the skin.
    02-25-11 12:58 PM
    I wouldn't want this, all I need is either cash or my debit card. If they accepted paypal, it would be nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-11 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD