Ok before if you wanted to access your bank of america account on your BB, you would have to 1) open your brower 2) go to the mobile bank of america site.

now instead of two steps there's only one.

Bank of America nows offers a short cut for your BB!! and it's only 10kb or whatever so it won't jeopardize your memory at all! To get the Shortcut just go to the bank of america mobile web site and given your browser it should give you a link to download it. it is a pretty link too, its just the blue n red bank of america logo and looks pretty nice on the home screen.

TRosa, sorry to jack your thread if you read this idea but BOA is a big bank and im sure plenty of people have it and reading your thread reminded me that i downloaded it yesterday. no harm done i hope.
    05-04-08 11:52 AM
    same display, just a shortcut
    05-04-08 12:10 PM
    I have tried to get the icon on my home screen, but i can't get it for some reason. This is the first time I have had an issue like this. Can you post the link?
    05-04-08 01:57 PM
    Ok before if you wanted to access your bank of america account on your BB, you would have to 1) open your brower 2) go to the mobile bank of america site.

now instead of two steps there's only one.

Bank of America nows offers a short cut for your BB!! and it's only 10kb or whatever so it won't jeopardize your memory at all! To get the Shortcut just go to the bank of america mobile web site and given your browser it should give you a link to download it. it is a pretty link too, its just the blue n red bank of america logo and looks pretty nice on the home screen.

TRosa, sorry to jack your thread if you read this idea but BOA is a big bank and im sure plenty of people have it and reading your thread reminded me that i downloaded it yesterday. no harm done i hope.

I can't seem to find it either
    05-04-08 02:27 PM
    When I go to www.bankofamerica.com it tells me that my device cannot use mobile banking for security reasons.

Is there a different URL I should be using? I am using the BB browser...
    05-04-08 08:19 PM
    05-04-08 08:51 PM
    I dont trust BOFA
    05-04-08 09:07 PM
    I dont trust BOFA
    Huh???

You don't trust a bank that has branches in every state, as well as other countries??

Its one of the largest, most secure banks, i trust them more than a lot of others, especially Commerce, i had someone clone my card, and use it 6 times in 10 minutes at a gas station to take over 2000 out of my account with Commerce. Then, it took many many arguments to prove that, i, in fact, was in NJ using my card at a store, getting declined, and not in Missouri charging 2000 to my debit card, at a gas station.

I went to Mass a few weeks ago for the weekend, i tried to use my card, and
    BOFA called me to verify that i was, in fact, in Mass, trying to use my card..
    05-04-08 09:16 PM
    Huh???
    I work for an IT firm that specializes in Banking and Insurance industry software products. Specifially decisioning and collections solutions.

I have found that BofA is one of the tightest, most security-conscience banks ever! Because of this, I currently bank with them myself and have nothing but praise for their security and ID protection. I have issues with their online customer support (worthless ) but that's another story completely!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~

To those of you having difficulty accessing the mobile banking option with BofA... I had the exact same problem and was frustrated that I had given up! See these two threads for further information/assistance:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/bla...ettings-30092/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/log...g-sites-30701/
    05-04-08 10:14 PM

Thanks for the link to the shortcut. I was not aware of that.
    05-04-08 10:28 PM
    Thanks for the link Gary!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-08 07:17 AM
    Oh, awesome link!

This should def come in handy!
    05-05-08 07:54 AM
    Damn citibank... How do you make a mobile banking app for the pearl and not the curve?

BofA always was supportive of mobile banking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-08 08:14 AM
    I have tried several times to download the BofA Shortcut on my BB but I keep getting Error 503: Service Unavailable. Any suggestions as to how I
    solve this problem. I am able to access my accounts but I would like to get
    the shortcut.
    08-05-08 06:24 PM
    Huh???

You don't trust a bank that has branches in every state, as well as other countries??

Its one of the largest, most secure banks, i trust them more than a lot of others, especially Commerce, i had someone clone my card, and use it 6 times in 10 minutes at a gas station to take over 2000 out of my account with Commerce. Then, it took many many arguments to prove that, i, in fact, was in NJ using my card at a store, getting declined, and not in Missouri charging 2000 to my debit card, at a gas station.

I went to Mass a few weeks ago for the weekend, i tried to use my card, and
    BOFA called me to verify that i was, in fact, in Mass, trying to use my card..
    B of A is the best IMO. You can find a BOA anywhere, and the security is top notch...
    08-05-08 06:34 PM
    I have tried several times to download the BofA Shortcut on my BB but I keep getting Error 503: Service Unavailable. Any suggestions as to how I
    solve this problem. I am able to access my accounts but I would like to get
    the shortcut.
    Same problem here.
    08-05-08 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD