Any idea how much bandwidth usage it takes to keep sharing location with Latitude after exiting Google Maps? Enough to worry about under a limited bandwidth plan for my personal BB with Bell Canada? Thanks in advance.
    02-05-09 09:54 PM
    I'm not sure exactly but if your worried about it a bit i'm sure you can reduce it a bit by setting to show location by setting location manually... instead of auto find position. That will stop it from continuously bouncing around which should reduce it greatly. I would do that for now until you get better layouts of bandwidth usage from it if you are limited to be safe
    02-06-09 02:59 AM
    Thanks - that is what I will do. It would be nice to know in general terms whether it consumes enough bandwidth to be worried about it.
    02-06-09 01:55 PM
    I have left google maps running (with latitude for about 1/2 a day with driving around. So far its sent 26 kb up and received 264 down. I know it can use more during active use, but with it just running in the background and not searching or browsing around. I also dont know how much it uses when you start adding more people to your tracking list.

and by the way, if you go to menu>help>about while in google maps, it tells you your total use for that session
    02-06-09 06:25 PM
    Thanks dmak, sounds good. Will check it out.
    02-15-09 05:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD