Is there anywhere to look to see if he has sold or is selling? Mike L. recently donating $100 million to nano science seems that he is unconcerned about the further deterioration in value of his RIM shares.
    09-24-12 09:57 AM
    Is there anywhere to look to see if he has sold or is selling? Mike L. recently donating $100 million to nano science seems that he is unconcerned about the further deterioration in value of his RIM shares.
    Makes you wonder about ol' Jimbo, doesn't it.
    09-24-12 10:12 AM
    09-24-12 10:23 AM
    As far as I know Jim is a major contributor to SIGI institute in Waterloo and he was also in 100 milion dollar talks with York university in Toronto. I wouldn't be supprised if he bought hockey team eventually, it was one of his big wishes.
    09-24-12 10:32 AM
    Guess he bought a lot of low Apple stock and sold it now... At least he is donating his money to a project which will support the Waterloo region.
    09-25-12 03:17 AM
    I think he did this ages ago, when he was a billionaire.
    09-25-12 04:13 AM
    I'm a bit puzzled over the suppressed hostility towards Jim.
    Cmon guys, he was one of the original founders and he did his bit to take RIM to where it's now. He earned his money. Where does it say that you have to p|ss it all away on charities once you have earned your money.
    09-25-12 04:19 AM
    I agree. Jim and Mike served the company ably until its size exceeded their skill sets. No shame in not recognizing this--and both men have been faultlessly generous in their giving to others.
    09-25-12 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD