After reading RSS threads and other tech sites I've noticed there are no bad press on Apple at all! This has me wondering is it Taboo for the media to post a negative comment about Apple? Apple itsself has given a disclaimer for the price of its next Macbook Pro stating it's for the "Professional" so if it doesnt sell well they are already protected.

What I noticed even more so was anyone that commented negatively on Apple in the comments section got jump on and given a thumbs down. Most agruements were legit case in point;

"Too funny
    toddbottom3 1 hr ago
    Apples new MacBook Pro with Retina display wont sell like hotcakes. Its not supposed to.

The apologies have started before the first one even sold. This thing can't be a failure now because it wasn't designed to sell well. So when it doesn't sell well, you can praise Apple for achieving their design goals. "

Duh!
    jeremychappell Updated - 29th May .Firstly increasing the pixel density is pointless, utterly, utterly pointless (for humans anyway, if they are going to open an Apple Store on another planet, then AND ONLY THEN, might it make sense). [end sarcasm]

But it would also have another problem, it would reduce the size of on screen controls. This would be bad as they have been optimised around fingers (well, human fingers anyway). So they'd need to introduce a different scaling factor (currently they have a factor of 1:1 and 1:2).

So I think we can pretty much dismiss this idiotic suggestion out of hand. I could believe "near" ppi values (really near) but otherwise it's a bust. Doesn't matter about the screen size.

The ppi values for future Macs could be different, especially as they don't have "finger optimised control sizes" and are typically viewed at different distances to iOS devices.

Both of these are good points BUT because its Apple they get a pass. Apple's has a brainwash on the consumer market that's almost like a cult. When you take away the power of choice and are spoon fed what we should buy, we become a slave to corporate brainwashing.

I miss the old days of marketing, put out a good product and have the consumer market it for you by word of mouth.
    06-12-12 12:13 PM
    This post is in "General BlackBerry Discussion" and I dont see anything to do with BB or even smartphones here.
    pantlesspenguin and xandermac like this.
    06-12-12 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD