I set up a Google News notice sent to my email about blackberry playbook.

It appears many if not most are simply reprints from a few original articles. What is sad is none of the 'Reporters' qualify themselves. They don't say where they got the article or if it was original to them nor their expertise as any sort of engineer, software or hardware wise. They don't say if they ever owned and used RIM phone or playbook for any length of time.

This includes most of the pc related magazines too.

Like bloggers or some forum users who actually have no knowledge other than what they read, the, I slept at a Holiday Inn mentality.

Too bad media journalism isn't required by law to qualify themselves, as I don't care about you humble opinion.

Michaelaw
    12-21-11 05:50 AM
    Like this guy who I'm guessing has only ever owned Apple products. He writes:
    "Even cheaper is the PlayBook, although it’s difficult to heartily recommend. It’s regularly on sale, and a 32-gigabyte version can often be had for less than $150, but it’s not nearly as user friendly as some other tablets and the app selection is dire. But it does work — with some frustration and annoyances — for web browsing and ebook reading, making it a decent budget-priced device."
    Michael Oliveira, did you Google some info on the playbook from a year ago to "research" this article? Make an effort!
    Tablets from Android to Apple: Holiday buyer
    12-02-12 09:20 AM
    "Even cheaper is the PlayBook, although it�s difficult to heartily recommend. It�s regularly on sale, and a 32-gigabyte version can often be had for less than $150, but it�s not nearly as user friendly as some other tablets and the app selection is dire. But it does work � with some frustration and annoyances � for web browsing and ebook reading, making it a decent budget-priced device."
    Michael Oliveira, did you Google some info on the playbook from a year ago to "research" this article? Make an effort!
    But that paragraph you quoted is arguably 100% accurate. What is your issue with that paragraph and what about it reveals the writer's bias?
    shemaree09 likes this.
    12-02-12 02:23 PM
    But that paragraph you quoted is arguably 100% accurate. What is your issue with that paragraph and what about it reveals the writer's bias?
    i dont see it as accurate. the playbook is one of the easiest tablets i have used. and the web browsing experience is better than most tablets too.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-02-12 02:56 PM
    i dont see it as accurate. the playbook is one of the easiest tablets i have used. and the web browsing experience is better than most tablets too.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    But it's clear that plenty of the buying public did find it less than desirable, so his opinion could be said to match most consumers. Doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy it, obviously.
    12-02-12 04:08 PM
    "Even cheaper is the PlayBook, although it’s difficult to heartily recommend. It’s regularly on sale, and a 32-gigabyte version can often be had for less than $150, but it’s not nearly as user friendly as some other tablets and the app selection is dire. But it does work — with some frustration and annoyances — for web browsing and ebook reading, making it a decent budget-priced device."
    I own a Playbook and completely agree with this. I too find it extremely difficult to recommend given the other choices available around this price range. Some of the gestures aren't intuitive and will take awhile to get used to. And honestly, the app selection for Playbook still sucks. Most of my popular apps are sideloaded and I have a front facing camera for video chat that I can only use with other Playbooks.......so its get no use.

I pretty much paid $199 for a 32GB Playbook that I use for occasional web browsing. No matter how much you're a fan, its the truth.
    12-03-12 08:43 AM
    Some of the gestures aren't intuitive
    In your opinion.
    12-03-12 08:55 AM
    In your opinion.
    Yes, IMO. But can you honestly say that you knew exactly how to use it right off the bat? Given that most tablets don't work like the Playbook, the gestures really aren't intuitive at first.

Like I posted in another thread (http://forums.crackberry.com/general...7/#post7760525) and many others with similar experiences:

"I really had a hard time with the Playbook in-store. I remember being in Office Depot and I was so confused about how to use it. Of course the employees were just as clueless as me and insisted that it was a terrible product, and how I should purchase a Kindle Fire instead.

I also remember seeing many potential buyers frustrated and moving on because they didnt know how to navigate it."
    12-03-12 09:01 AM
    Yes, IMO. But can you honestly say that you knew exactly how to use it right off the bat?
    I did the tutorial. It explained it very quickly and I never thought about it again. Wasn't really any different than when I used the home button on my iPod for the first time.
    12-03-12 11:23 AM
    I think "arguably" is the right qualifier notafanboy.
    In my opinion (i guess biased as well) the writer's bias is evident in statements like "with some frustration and annoyances", "not nearly as user friendly", and "app selection is dire".
    My personal experience with the playbook as compared with other devices does not agree with those statements.
    I find the price point of a playbook in conjunction with the build quality and user experience to make it very worthy of consideration against many of the other higher priced tablets referenced in the article. I would argue that there is certainly no better tablet out there for $150.
    12-03-12 02:03 PM
    I would argue that there is certainly no better tablet out there for $150.
    I agree, though it's probably not the bst choice for someone who shops for apps as a recreational activity lol (iOS), or for people who love to constantly tinker with and modify every little setting on their tablet or phone (Android).

But for people who use one primarily as a lightweight laptop replacement (checking emails, scheduling events, browsing the web, twittering and facebook, watching videos, etc.) when on-the-go or on the couch... it's wonderfully elegant and graceful to use.
    12-03-12 02:22 PM
    Simple minds love simple products
    12-03-12 02:28 PM
    Simple minds love simple products
    If simple gets the job done, then anything else is Rube Goldberg-ish.
    12-03-12 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD