I'm more insulted this ugly slab launches apps faster than my Z10.
    06-27-14 02:38 AM
    I'm more insulted this ugly slab launches apps faster than my Z10.
    http://collegecandy.files.wordpress....5yxvo1_400.gif
    All about the always ignored GPU...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-27-14 03:15 AM
    OK I have to go back to work - but want to address responses real quick.

2 years is a long time not to turn a profit. Most businesses would not survive this, and hence why they are priced under $10 a share right now. Not that 2 years or 4 or 6 is even remotely important.

Next, why they priced like this, what the results will be, or how well it is priced comparitively to other BBs or other phones IS NOT THE ISSUE. Certainly not the one I raised - so I apologize for my failure to effectively communicate.

My issue, is that BB has indicated since they day we learned about the Z# that it would be a $200/ sub $200 handset aimed for emerging markets. I will not get into the need to expand their market share (you either understand why it is the most important thing for the future of BB10 or you don't). To put the device in those markets at an amount higher than $200 is a mistake. And $60 makes it a big mistake.

Do not say one thing and do another. It is not a good idea. Not for any company, especially not for BB.
    Are you kidding me? LOTS of companies go for 2+ years at a loss. Amazon barely squeaks by most years. The main reason BB's share price is as low as it is relates more to declining sales (which is NOT the same as profitability). If the company can actually convince investors that sales will rebound the share price will pick up quickly.

They will not live or die by the pricing of one product in one market. Personally, I think there's a decent chance that they've boosted their original price point for the Indian market based on demand in Indonesia. We'll soon see how well that bears out, but I suspect that many users will view the Z3 as being more secure than an Android handset, with the added benefit of being able to run most Android apps. Kind of a "2 phones in 1" proposition.
    mas_quemex likes this.
    06-27-14 04:23 AM
    Lol I see the usual haters wasting away. It does not matter what BlackBerry does as these sad individuals will cry and complain and poo poo everything BlackBerry. The question is why do these NSA Agents waste their time here? Oops I said to much. It's obvious to those who are able to think for themselves.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 08:58 PM
    It's not just the NSA agents, it's also the shorters who have gotten themselves into bit of a jam. Some of these guys are in for a lot of pain as BlackBerry makes a comeback.

Posted via CB10
    notafanboy and mas_quemex like this.
    06-27-14 09:11 PM
    Blackberry effective price!

Bad move BlackBerry! (Z3 pricing in India)-1404374838191_550340.png
    07-03-14 03:12 AM
    Not an expert on any of this - but isn't it usually normal to launch a product knowing that the general retail price will A) drop soon thereafter, and B) Be heavily discounted at times with promotions and special sales?

But I am agreed that BlackBerry does seem to be snake bitten on pricing, strange to see it continue into the Chen regime.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 03:16 PM
    Guys! the ones who think ppl are crying on the pricing strategy -
    Even the leading media channels agree BB has failed in terms of pricing In India -
    BlackBerry’s pricing strategy a flop: Analysts - The Times of India
    07-08-14 06:31 AM
    Guys! the ones who think ppl are crying on the pricing strategy -
    Even the leading media channels agree BB has failed in terms of pricing In India -
    BlackBerry’s pricing strategy a flop: Analysts - The Times of India
    Should they give it for free or lose money on it? It's been discussed before that the import tax that has bumped the price. The profit for Foxconn and BlackBerry is the same as it is in Indonesia

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 08:05 AM
    Not sure of the market analyst experts but the pricing should be stable? and not like share market - "starts with a high node and can go down to any extent"?
    I understand some price downfall but from 42grands to 16grand - isn't that too much?
    Should they give it for free or lose money on it? It's been discussed before that the import tax that has bumped the price. The profit for Foxconn and BlackBerry is the same as it is in Indonesia

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 08:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    That "excuse" is not valid when it doesn't apply to your competitors.

The Motorola G at $200 in India and the Motorola E at $116 in India are just two of your competitors. Maybe Motorola is taking a loses on the taxes and using them as a write off, maybe the have some deal worked out. Doesn't really matter, what matters is will people pay more for a BlackBerry over these other devices - is a BlackBerry seen as a premium product or a commodity?

I think business in India that want the security of BES will go for the Z3. But consumers????

Motorola Moto G - Full phone specifications
    Motorola Moto E Dual SIM - Full phone specifications
    BlackBerry Z3 - Full phone specifications
    http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_3-5678.php
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 07-08-14 at 01:48 PM. Reason: added the Mi3 spec link
    07-08-14 09:41 AM
    Here comes Xiaomi to India. Mi3 (5in display, Snapdragon 800, 16GB storage, 13MB camera) for Rs 14,999 via FlipKart on July 15.
    Bad move BlackBerry! (Z3 pricing in India)-htrmgel.jpg
    qbx and MarsupilamiX like this.
    07-08-14 01:42 PM
    Here comes Xiaomi to India. Mi3 (5in display, Snapdragon 800, 16GB storage, 13MB camera) for Rs 14,999 via FlipKart on July 15.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HTrmgEL.jpg 
Views:	694 
Size:	155.4 KB 
ID:	283859
    You can't fight for market share with price only strategy there will always be cheaper and better. What's the package as a whole? What's the software like? Does it offer security? Will the company still be around next year? Anyone can throw out specs but how does it all work together?. If your just going on price bad news because when you aren't the low price leader your done for and there will always be companies willing to lose money to get their foot in the door.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    07-08-14 10:35 PM
    You can't fight for market share with price only strategy there will always be cheaper and better. What's the package as a whole? What's the software like? Does it offer security? Will the company still be around next year? Anyone can throw out specs but how does it all work together?. If your just going on price bad news because when you aren't the low price leader your done for and there will always be companies willing to lose money to get their foot in the door.

BB doesn't have to match the price but it has to be in the neighborhood. Basically you have a $175-200 phone sold for $250 which puts it into the next performance tier. Same thing will happen in NA/Euro in 2015, a flood of $250 phones that have the same specs as last years Galaxy S4. Smartphones are rapidly becoming a commodity so either you differentiate by having a better ecosystem/features, lower the profit margin or in Xiaomi case make the bulk of their money on accessories and themes. Chen said he'd let the market decide if BB stays in hardware...it just got harder.
    07-09-14 03:33 PM

Sadly, it doesn't work that way in India... the consumer cares about specs. security? not that much... however, most people over here think BlackBerry has shut shop and don't know that they're in the software and services sector as well... which is kind of ignorant in my opinion.. . How can a company keep launching new devices if it no longer exists?! Right now, BlackBerry needs to portray itself as a company that is very much alive and kicking and in the end it comes down to how you market your product which helps drive sales and improves brand perception... i'm sure they're working on it...it will take time, but initial reactions have been good! (for the Z3)...let's keep our fingers crossed!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 06:44 AM
    That "excuse" is not valid when it doesn't apply to your competitors.

The Motorola G at $200 in India and the Motorola E at $116 in India are just two of your competitors. Maybe Motorola is taking a loses on the taxes and using them as a write off, maybe the have some deal worked out. Doesn't really matter, what matters is will people pay more for a BlackBerry over these other devices - is a BlackBerry seen as a premium product or a commodity?

I think business in India that want the security of BES will go for the Z3. But consumers????

Motorola Moto G - Full phone specifications
    Motorola Moto E Dual SIM - Full phone specifications
    BlackBerry Z3 - Full phone specifications
    Xiaomi Mi 3 - Full phone specifications
    Moto phones are flops & not in the bestsellers list of any online retailer. But Z10 & Z3 are in.
    johnm137 likes this.
    07-10-14 07:22 AM
    Moto phones are flops & not in the bestsellers list of any online retailer. But Z10 & Z3 are in.
    Apparently you are unaware that Moto's online presence in India is thru FlipKart.
    Motorola sells 1 million smartphones in India in 5 months since starting online sales/

“We believe these sales figures should put Motorola among the top five mobile brands in the country,” explained Sachin Bansal, founder and CEO of Flipkart, to the newspaper. “Only by selling online and only by selling with one player, a [company] like Motorola is able to become one of the top five mobile brands in the country. Five years ago this would have been science fiction. Today it’s a reality and we believe that’s a trend that would continue for a long time.”
    Guarantee you BB hasn't sold more BB10 phones in India in that span. Nor is it likely to in the next 5 months.
    07-10-14 11:26 AM
    Yes and all Q10 owners are going to get a free upgrade to the BlackBerry Passport! The Moto G,X and E have done tremendously well in the Indian market! They're cheap,sturdy and run stock android (almost!) and there's more! The Moto X and Moto G will got the Android L update! That's how you keep customers happy... just saying...

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 01:05 PM
    ...We believe these sales figures should put Motorola among the top five mobile brands in the country,” explained Sachin Bansal, founder and CEO of Flipkart...
    One CEO says that, another says this :
    ...Various industry reports suggest that we have a 4-6 percent market share. I would want to grow this to 15 percent," HTC Country Head India Faisal Siddiqui told PTI...
    Yet another thinks like this :
    ... According to Soon Kwon, Managing Director, LG Electronics India, LG is aiming at a 10% market share in the Indian smartphone market by the end of 2014. As of now LG has about 4.8% market share in the segment...
    But unit sales rank during March Quarter 2014 were as under :
    1 - Samsung
    2 - Micromax
    3 - Karbonn
    4 - Lava
    5 - Nokia
    Source - http://zeenews.india.com/business/ne...et_103760.html
    Source - http://articles.economictimes.indiat...ctronics-india

Paid/planted news is a thriving business model in India.
    Last edited by mas.quemex; 07-11-14 at 12:39 PM.
    07-11-14 12:27 PM
    So if a flop like Moto G/E is selling more than BB10 what does it make them? Also Moto E just launched in India in the middle of May and wouldn't be counted in 1st quarter numbers.

User reviews and tech reviews in India media give both phones high marks so your contention that they are failures makes zero sense.
    07-11-14 12:58 PM
    One CEO says that, another says this :

Yet another thinks like this :

But unit sales rank during March Quarter 2014 were as under :
    1 - Samsung
    2 - Micromax
    3 - Karbonn
    4 - Lava
    5 - Nokia
    Source - http://zeenews.india.com/business/ne...et_103760.html
    Source - http://articles.economictimes.indiat...ctronics-india

How can you even quote market share at this point?! Motorola just launched their new devices. You can't expect them to rule the roost in a matter of months... I think their last successful product was the Razr (correct me if I'm wrong). And yes, in the long run market share will tell us if the brand is doing well or not but such an analysis doesn't make much sense right now.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 01:09 PM
    you know nothing jon snow
    The Moto G is the most successful Motorola smartphone of all time
    It sold out so much that it remained out of stock most of the time.
    28k+ ratings(4.5/5 stars!) 13.7k+ reviews
    moto e is selling out with the same pace.

Also, customers don't give a damn about the taxes that a company needs to pay for the product. all they want is a cheap phone with good build and utility.
    Last edited by qbx; 07-11-14 at 11:06 PM.
    07-11-14 10:55 PM
    you know nothing jon snow
    The Moto G is the most successful Motorola smartphone of all time
    It sold out so much that it remained out of stock most of the time.
    28k+ ratings(4.5/5 stars!) 13.7k+ reviews
    moto e is selling out with the same pace.

Also, customers don't give a damn about the taxes that a company needs to pay for the product. all they want is a cheap phone with good build and utility.
    Yeah Moto phones are good.

Sent via CrackBerry
    07-15-14 08:41 PM
    Apparently the pricing wasn't that bad their sold out. If you only have limited numbers you charge accordingly and let all the android handsets fight it out for the low cost leader

07-15-14 11:06 PM
174 ... 567