How yall doing fellow blackberry addicts?, well today i droped my blackberry curve in a puddle of water while it was raining

i picked the phone up and it was still working perfect, until like 30 minutes passed and the screen just went blanked. I did everything to it blowdryed it,dry it with napkins but nothing.

now im sad/mad that im going to lose all the applications that i have bought for the phone, my 4g memory card is ruined with all the songs i had and i lost all my pictures of my niece when she was born.

I would like to know if any member has some tips on how i could fix my phone or if i could take it to a store and they would fix it ? thanks in advanced
    11-08-08 02:25 PM
    Start by putting it in a bag of rice to draw out the moisture.
    11-08-08 02:28 PM
    Start by putting it in a bag of rice to draw out the moisture.
    im doing this right now ,hopefully it works
    11-08-08 02:43 PM
    Let it sit for a couple days..
    11-08-08 02:43 PM
    You should pull your battery out first thing if it gets wet. Put everything in a baggy of rice - make sure everything is covered in rice. Keep it there for a couple days - yes you will be without your BB for a few days. Do not put the battery back in until all moisture is gone. Pray.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 02:45 PM
    I would take it apart and take a blow dryer to it. That way you can make sure that you get all of the moisture out.
    11-08-08 03:03 PM
    Wow... I'm sorry.
    11-08-08 04:58 PM
    Just don't turn the blow dryer on too hot.

11-08-08 06:03 PM
    So you used it for 30 minutes after it was submerged simply cause it still worked?

11-08-08 07:22 PM
    Good luck to you man. I'll take this opportunity to plug the insurance that is available from most carriers for your berry. Mine is $7.00 a month, and if my berry gets toasted, it will be the best $7.00 a month I ever spent.
    11-08-08 09:29 PM
    How yall doing fellow blackberry addicts?, well today i droped my blackberry curve in a puddle of water while it was raining

i picked the phone up and it was still working perfect, until like 30 minutes passed and the screen just went blanked. I did everything to it blowdryed it,dry it with napkins but nothing.
    I would like to know if any member has some tips on how i could fix my phone or if i could take it to a store and they would fix it ? thanks in advanced
    Sorry to hear that, but in the future, remove the battery as SOON as you pick the phone up. DO NOT push buttons, do not make a call, just remove the battery. Power/current going through the phone is what does most of the damage.

Then remove the SIM card and Media card (if the phone has either). Dry these off. On the media card, blow it out with a can of compressed air. Now while you have the phone open, shake as much water as you can out of the phone.

Like the others have said, put it all in a ziplock bag with regular uncooked rice (Instant won't work as well). Everything must be completely covered with the rice on all surfaces. If you would rather not use rice, go to a hardware store and pick up one of those buckets of dehumidifying crystals.
    Several example of these on this website. dehumidifying crystals <---- this stuff works REALLY WELL.

If you can take the case off the phone even better, that way you can use the compressed air to blow water out of as many places as possible, especially from between the LCD screen the PCB board it sits on. Under the Keypad and the membrane under it and the contacts that the LCD screen plugs into.

You don't have anything to lose by leaving the phone in the bag of rice for 5 days and do NOT test the phone during this time for any reasons.

A lot of people have luck with just a couple of days, but if you want to make certain that your phone will have a chance, wait the full 5 days in the bag of rice, with the phone as open as you are willing to get it.

If you are lucky, everything will work once the phone is dry. Once you fire up the phone, copy everything off the media card then back the phone up (In that order) before you do anything else, you may not get a second chance at doing this.
    Last edited by BlkBear; 11-10-08 at 03:52 AM.
    11-08-08 10:19 PM
    The dehumidifying crystals are called desicants. They are the same packets that are in kids toys when you first remove the packaging.

11-08-08 10:24 PM
    Oh and follow blkbear's guide to a T. No bad info there.

11-08-08 10:27 PM
    sorry to hear about your phone. same thing happened to my buddy's phone. the bag of rice so far has worked wonders.
    11-09-08 07:39 AM
    Something similar happened to me last night as well. I dropped my Curve 8300 into a cup of Nestea. My concerns are that Nestea can get sticky unlike water, as I still see drops of it scattered within the screen.

Also, regarding the rice. We're talking raw and uncooked rice, right?
    11-09-08 11:55 AM
    Yes uncooked rice, dry rice would do it!
    And I'm too sorry to hear about that blackberry
    11-09-08 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD