We will be upgrading my wifes Curve to something new this year.....possibly the Tour. Anyhow, if we backup the Curve, can or should we restore this to the NEW phone? I would imagine some things would need to be and others (like apps) wouldnt work. Before we jump, wanted to get some advice.

chaz
    01-09-10 11:07 AM
    all you have to do is use the device switch wizard
    01-09-10 11:14 AM
    Well, when I went from the 8830 to the Tour, Verizon did it in the shop, at least contacts and calendar (I don't recall memos, etc).

Since I sync with Outlook I was not worried and could resync the new device.

Others may know more about the SwitchDevice Wizard contained in Desktop manager for data???

As for apps, some might work other may need upgrades. I found most of my apps could be upgraded for free by using the seller's switch PIN system.
    01-09-10 11:15 AM
    If you back up using DM then all your info would be saved and applied to your new device. There is a specific method for saving 3rd party apps that you must do in addition to the other backup. There are instructions on here but I don't have the link handy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 11:16 AM
    Device switch wizard moves your 3rd party apps to the new device, as well as all user information.
    01-09-10 11:31 AM
    all you have to do is use the device switch wizard
    +1 .. this is just the thing to do.
    01-10-10 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD