Ok I have read almost all 3 pages of backup stuff I could find and I find it unreal that if you don't have a pc or connected to a BES there is no way to backup a BB. If BBs are so dependant on the connection with a pc there should be a disclaimer telling people this. I mean come no software to backup to a SD card, you would think this would be a piece of software someone created so people like me could backup and remove the card now I would have all my info and possibly use it in another device.

Yea I am ranting, my wife won the BB and have it to me since my laptop broke and we can't afford to replace it since I have major medical bills. I have in my hands an advanced device that can't even do a simple backup on its own.

I really need to get myself another pc so I can start making software for this bloody "smart" phone so people can get stuff done without being a slave to windows. Maybe if anyone reads this the great people here at CB could start a thread with the options that BBs need but don't have and all of us can post like the contests and maybe even get others to get RIM to wake up and start putting software we need instead of brickbeaker on our phones, I read that rim is doing a patch about volume well they could address backup and what ever others feel needs to be in our blackberries that isn't well enough crying on my part I guess I will just have to bypass the library security and install DM and do what's need on my BB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 10:28 PM
    That's not a bad feature request but it'd require a heckuva a memory card capacity to do a proper full backup. I still like it.
    06-30-08 10:37 PM
    Yeah thats actually a great idea,but i think theres no neeed to rant, i mean you just won a BB, is no RIMs fault that your laptop broke and actually one of the most wanted features of smartphones is pc sync, so its pretty much a given that with any smartphone you need a pc to get the most of it, but anyways a media card back up is actually a great idea.

06-30-08 11:02 PM
    So how do we get rim to notice that this would be something they should look into?

I was not blaming anyone about the laptop. I just think BBs are missing some features like backup to sd that for us users seems like common sense features.

07-01-08 08:11 PM
    That's not a bad feature request but it'd require a heckuva a memory card capacity to do a proper full backup. I still like it.
    I'm reading my comment and I have no idea why I said that.

The memory card is a non-issue.

And this forum is as good a place as any to get noticed and this RFE might already be in their system, if it's not it might be now. ;-)
    07-01-08 08:47 PM
    I feel your pain. Having had phones that can backup to memory card is sorely missed with the BB. Heck, even being able to run apps from the card is missed greatly. I guess this is what's meant by sacrificing.
    07-01-08 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD