I am running desktop manager 4.7. MY OS for my 8900 is 4.6.1.239. When I try to back up via DM the process gets to the point where it transfers "Memory Cleaner Options" and then crashes saying that there is an "error backing up database(s)".

Does anyone have any ideas?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled DM 4.7.
    05-23-09 04:00 AM
    If Backup finds an error in the database, it will not write a backup file.

You have two options. Attempt to clear the error by changing the settings or restore that part of the database from a previous good backup.

If you have a suitable backup, used Advanced Restore to select the affected database.

You will know you are successful if you can complete a backup.
    05-23-09 11:18 AM
    If that doesn't work you may want to go back to DM 4.6. Lots of people have reported lots of problems with 4.7.
    05-23-09 07:41 PM
    Also try clearing the browser cache. Most backup errors stem from this database.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 08:11 PM
    Also try clearing the browser cache. Most backup errors stem from this database.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

+ 1

you can also go into advanced and start adding 1 database that has records in it at a time to find which one is having error's
    05-23-09 09:26 PM
    Thanks everyone. I worked out that it was the browser cache that was causing the issue. Managed to sort it via the advanced backup route.
    05-24-09 04:35 AM
    Sorry for the late bump here, but I had a similar issue that I solved a little differently.

I had to go line-by-line in the advanced screen doing individual backups. It turns out my problem was the "location-based services" option. From reading the forums, it seems like lots of people have had issues with backup, but for different issues in their backup. Given that, and the bad item for me being grayed-out, I suspect there might be something conflicting with my company's security policy.

In any case, I can run a backup if I exclude location-based services. Hope this helps someone else.

I have an 8900 curve on T-Mobile, OS version 4.6.1.114 (Platform 4.2.0.76)
    06-09-09 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD