Hi all, this is probably asked all the time, but I've got a new bb, how do i back up all my stuff on my phone then transfer it to the new one.

thanks
    08-05-09 09:26 AM
    Backup and Restore are part of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software package. It comes on a CD with each new BlackBerry, or you can download it directly from BlackBerry Support.

Backup your current device, restore to your new device.

If you have third party applications installed, there is a seperate Switch Device wizard that does the transfer and correctly updates all of your BlackBerry Messenger contacts.
    08-05-09 09:43 AM
    Its as easy as that?
    08-05-09 09:53 AM
    Yes indeed, switching devices is very common for a variaty of reasons. Backup, Restore and Device Switch are there to make it simple and efficient.
    08-05-09 10:01 AM
    Awesome!

Does it transfer your pins and update your contacts with the new one?
    08-05-09 10:07 AM
    Awesome!

Does it transfer your pins and update your contacts with the new one?
    Yes, totally automatic. Your BlackBerry Messenger contacts do not even know, of or have to acknowledge the change.
    08-05-09 10:17 AM
    Great stuff, thank you very much... Shall have a play when I get home and see what happens
    08-05-09 10:19 AM
    so we're talking about all of your contacts? not kust your bb messenger ones? i have a curve and im waiting on my storm to get here and was wondering the same thing.
    08-11-09 06:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD