My apologies if I'm posting in the wrong category, but this was my best guess.

I'm running Desktop Manager 4.3. I know. Old edition, but I was having troubles with the new edition and my husband told me to revert back to this one.

I downloaded a game and a screen background. When I backup, wipe, and restore, it doesn't carry over my game or my screen background.

I then call AT&T, they credit my account, and I download the two again. There must be an easier way. I tried looking at my backup config, but I didn't see anything there.

Do I need Media Manager? Or is there another solution, or do I just need to upgrade my version and see what happens?

Thanks so much!
    04-28-09 11:32 AM
    Is there any reason why you do a "backup, wipe and restore" at the same time? Doing a backup alone should not remove any apps from memory or your media card.
    04-28-09 11:51 AM
    Is there any reason why you do a "backup, wipe and restore" at the same time? Doing a backup alone should not remove any apps from memory or your media card.
    A backup alone doesn't remove the game. There have been a few times I've had to do a wipe (I think that's called a master reset). And when I restore using a backup from minutes ago, my games are no longer there.

Hope that answered your question.
    04-28-09 12:20 PM
    I'm not sure why your restores are not putting the games back into memory. There is info on backing up 3rd party apps in the 101 Lecture Series on this site which are very helpful. If the games run okay once you install them I can't understand why they wouldn't backup with the rest of your data. Try downloading the lastest DM and see if that doesn't solve your problem.
    04-28-09 12:51 PM
    normaly you need to turn phone off and on again to store things,but if your using desk top manager is there no way to copy the .cad.and alx files to your hard drive(im not sure if you can do that though)
    09-04-09 03:58 PM
    BBSAK will backup 3rd party apps and restore them. DM should do it as well as long as you are creating a complete backup of your device. If you are having to wipe your device maybe use DM to not just wipe it but completely reload the OS even if to the same OS revision. I know for sure when doing that it will take a backup and restore 3rd party apps.

I am using DM5.0 and the latest 4.6 ROM as well as the leaked OS5 314 ROM on my BOLD.
    11-10-09 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD