Is there anyway I can backup the contacts on my curve like one a website or maybe the blackberry desktop?
    10-07-09 10:07 PM
    Yes. Connect your BlackBerry to your PC and run Desktop Manager. Select the Backup option and it will backup all your personal information onto your PC. You can't directly edit or view this file without using a 3rd party app such as ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor, but you can restore it if needed. Making a frequent backup is always a good idea.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 10:17 PM
    Use Google Sync to backup your calendar and contacts. No cable needed. It sync regularly without you doing anything. Edit is easy too in Gmail.

10-07-09 10:55 PM
    Use Google Sync to backup your calendar and contacts. No cable needed. It sync regularly without you doing anything. Edit is easy too in Gmail.

You mind explaining, I can't find where to sync my contacts in my gmail.
    10-07-09 11:36 PM
    So you have Gmail, that solves Step 1. You will need to download Google Sync app. Go to your Gmail Calendar. On the upper right, next to Setting, click on Sync. Read up on the info there for BB.

10-07-09 11:41 PM
    I'm really trying to sync my contacts to gmail so I can easily transfer them to my new HTC Hero when I get it. So I don't need it to be sync to my blackberry, I just need to retrieve the contacts from it. I hope that cleared it up as to what I'm trying to do.
    10-07-09 11:45 PM
    Yes, that's also the way to transfer your contacts from BB to Gmail.

10-07-09 11:48 PM
    OK, I had google sync before my Curve, never should have removed it. Thanks a lot though!
    10-07-09 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD