this past sunday i thought id take a bold move and try the iphone. I saw it do some pretty interesting stuff and thought id see it for myself.

got it, went home, jailbroke it, downloaded a few cydia apps which made my iphone function as it should already have been functioning prior to jailbreaking. Downloaded a fart app, a chat app, and a coin toss app, listened to some music, 5 hours later, battery was dead.

Today i called ATT to have them restore BIS to my blackberry and i was told I couldnt because apple demands i have iphone data for 1 month, and will be able to change back to bis after that period, or once i return the iphone. What a joke.

I am currently waiting for the bold 9700 release on att which should be monday, so hopefully i can return the iphone then.

Moral of the story, i shouldnt have abandoned my poor old bold 9000. Now i am stuck with iphone data on a blackberry, no email, no BBM, no regular browser. Although there are plenty of things about the iphone which i liked, overall, id say im a blackberry person.
    11-12-09 11:50 PM
    Is it too early to say: "Welcome back"?
    11-12-09 11:53 PM
    Welcome back. Its hard to leave BB, but you always got to try new things to see if you like it or not.
    11-13-09 12:02 AM
    Today i called ATT to have them restore BIS to my blackberry and i was told I couldnt because apple demands i have iphone data for 1 month
    Please explain the above, I don't understand.
    11-13-09 03:48 AM
    Welcome back. Sorry you had such a bad experience but thanks for sharing.

I-phony never tempted me in the first place and now less chance than ever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 07:07 AM
    Welcome back!

11-13-09 07:20 AM
    Should of bought an iTouch.

11-13-09 07:39 AM
    This experience will make you enjoy your 9700 even more. Best
    11-13-09 08:19 AM
    I can't quote on mobile site but to the posted who asked about the 1 month thing, apparently at&t contract woth apple disallows them to take off the iphone data plan within the first month of service unless I return the iphone. So since I am keeping it till the 9700 drops, I cannot remove the iphone data for 30 days.

nobody made me aware of this fact till after it happened. It seems hard to believe but I talked to the cs manager who told me it is technically possible and he was honest and told me nobody is willing to do it because of job security. Idk why it would cause them to loose their jobs but whatever.

11-13-09 03:27 PM
    welcome back.

read the fine print next time. i wouldn't entirely blame apple. your contract is with at&t, not apple. sounds like their CS is passing the buck to sound customer-friendly.
    11-13-09 04:11 PM
    you can take it off your account you just might be faced with pro-rated charges
    11-13-09 04:18 PM
    I don't know your contract or how much you're out for the unused data plan days, but if it's more than a couple dozen bucks, and it wasn't in the contract, you could always consider taking them to small claims court. If it's under a hundred bucks or so I can't imagine it would be worth your time/effort though.
    11-13-09 04:37 PM
    I use both and planned to use both with a BB data plan. Only took me two weeks to switch back to a BB data plan with a quick call to CS.
    11-13-09 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD