I'm a long time Rim user, almost 8 years now and I am recently back in a Blackberry after being in an iPhone for a year. I gotta say the Blackberry Bold is a Great device; with it I am so much more Productive. The iPhone was nice and I swapped out of RIM during the time I was getting a frozen device often and the hour glass frequently, that has been addressed with the new Bold 9930.

Glad to be back in a Blackberry.
    Adam Zeis, hpjrt, JR A and 3 others like this.
    08-01-12 09:15 AM
    Good for you, use whatever suits your needs the best.
    08-01-12 09:22 AM
    Welcome back lol
    08-01-12 09:38 AM
    Welcome back....ENJOY your new BOLD 9930
    08-01-12 09:57 AM
    ...I am recently back in a Blackberry after being in an iPhone for a year. Glad to be back in a Blackberry.
    How did you manage to get yourself into a smartphone in the first place? I imagine the space was quite limited. Maybe YOU are the elusive "Ghost in the Machine."
    08-01-12 10:15 AM
    too bad, one less person who'll be buying a BB10 device. Shoulda just waited .
    08-01-12 10:19 AM
    you did yourelf a favour be happy and stay with rim.
    08-01-12 10:32 AM
    Loving it so far. I joined a few BBM groups, could they slow down my devices based on activity...? It was Flying for the last few days but since I added myself to some BBM groups it's slowed down some.
    08-01-12 01:09 PM
    Don't know about slowing your blackberry down but I know that having a lot of groups that update frequently does drain your battery if I'm not mistaken
    08-01-12 01:16 PM
    Loving it so far. I joined a few BBM groups, could they slow down my devices based on activity...? It was Flying for the last few days but since I added myself to some BBM groups it's slowed down some.
    Great to hear you're back on with a BB!

Just take time out to clear your phone of unwanted applications, go through individual settings (along with advanced) and try to keep your phone well optimized. BBM Groups have several features such as auto-save of shared pics, pic tagging, commenting, group updates, status updates, Messages integration, lists, calendars, in app integration and most of all common chat area with support of multiple chats.. So yea.. having a lot of groups can slow down your phone.. But like I said.. Optimization is the key.. Set it right once.. and add all the groups you want.. No worries..

Ps.. Find a good and reliable OS first. Since it's new phone, it's going to be a relatively easier process now.. Setup BB Protect.. Some native apps.. lot of catching up!!
    08-02-12 12:09 AM
    added to a few BBM groups, it was Slow at first but after a battery Pull it's been Fast again.
    Thanks gang
    08-06-12 02:17 PM
    welcome back! if its not already updated, make sure you're running the latest 7.1 OS. That keeps everything running smoothly
    08-06-12 04:37 PM
    Good choice, welcome back!
    08-06-12 04:54 PM
    Welcome back! The Bold is an awesome device! Got it the day it came out for tmo and I still love this thing.
    08-06-12 08:42 PM
    The Bold in a word is just amazing! What I do is download the OS I'm going to use, and shrink it, then install! If you're unsure of how this works send me a private message or add me to BBM and I can walk you through it.

Welcome back!
    08-06-12 10:06 PM

Yes it can. If people leave or join the group it will unfortunately cause a 1-2 hour lag.

I was a part of a group made up of many mods here on cb and the rule was if we were going to be adding another person we would need to wait until 1am and then they would get added. That way the lag was while we slept.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    08-07-12 12:03 AM
    I'm a long time Rim user, almost 8 years now and I am recently back in a Blackberry after being in an iPhone for a year. I gotta say the Blackberry Bold is a Great device; with it I am so much more Productive. The iPhone was nice and I swapped out of RIM during the time I was getting a frozen device often and the hour glass frequently, that has been addressed with the new Bold 9930.

Glad to be back in a Blackberry.
    Welcome back to the "black" side.........
    08-07-12 02:49 AM
    I came from an iphone to a 9930, best change I ever made. I really need a keyboard.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    08-07-12 04:31 AM
    added to a few BBM groups, it was Slow at first but after a battery Pull it's been Fast again.
    Thanks gang
    Welcome back!!!

Unfortunately, BBM groups can be pigs. If membership remains fairly static, they're ok; but if you have users joining and leaving frequently, they just beat the crap out of everybody else in the group. The one group I once belonged to would only do adds late in the evening just for that reason so as not to inconvenience the rest of the members during the day. A necessary inconvenience, I'm afraid.
    08-07-12 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD