Well I pulled the trigger and went Droid when I migrated to Verizon from AT&T. Now I just got back from a week long business trip and I am running back to BlackBerry as fast as I can.

Going to go look at Curve 8530 and Tour 9630 tonight to determine which one I want.
    01-12-10 07:07 PM
    Please post your experience with the Droid. Inquiring minds want to know.
    01-12-10 07:10 PM
    Will you be unlocking your new Curve8530 or Tour9630 anytime soon?
    01-12-10 07:11 PM
    Welcome back. Personally, I would prefer having wifi for business trips, so the Tour may not be a good choice. Roaming data rates cost an arm and a leg here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 07:12 PM
    Welcome back. Personally, I would prefer having wifi for business trips, so the Tour may not be a good choice. Roaming data rates cost an arm and a leg here.

ahh good point, my next trip is germany, so maybe the 8530 is the better choice.
    01-12-10 07:16 PM
    So I just did an event with my, ahem, trusty Droid... after a week at CES the results are in.

I love the Verizon network, it stayed up all week, gave me incredible voice quality and made quick work of calls home.

As for the Droid... it is a nonstarter for hardcore business use. I couldn't find contacts, missed e-mails, had trouble with appointments, it was a nightmare for trying to get work done.

The best personal phone I have used is also the worst business phone I have used, and I trace it all back to lack of sufficient native Exchange support.

Where to from here? Well I think it is time for me to go back to a BlackBerry. I simply need all the business functions a BlackBerry excels at. Will I miss my Droid? **** YES! It is fast, has amazing apps, a true GPS, great camera, fantastic video and neat social interaction features.
    01-12-10 07:18 PM
    If you enjoyed the droid for its more non-business capabilities, you should also take a look at the Storm2. It's got better specs than the Tour or Curve, can be a world phone and also has wifi. I'm assuming you're pretty comfortable with touch screens by now.

Last edited by Masahiro; 01-12-10 at 07:31 PM.
    01-12-10 07:29 PM
    Only problem with the Storm2 is the battery life is NOT suited to a business person. Mine went back for many reasons, battery life being a big one. Need to have the battery live while on long trips for business!

01-12-10 07:46 PM
    touchscreen is okay, but i do miss the typing speed i had on the BB. that is another reason i found email hard. even through the third party app it just took too long to reply to email.
    01-12-10 08:02 PM
    I too went from an Android device (mytouch 3G) back to my Curve 8900. That phone pissed me off for the last time... I should probably sell it and use the money to get my Bold 9700....
    01-12-10 08:30 PM
    done and done... picked up a tour tonight
    01-12-10 11:02 PM
    I'm pretty sure the Tour has WiFi. Fantastic phone and as long as yours doesn't have issue's with the trackball, you'll love it! My friend has one for business and regrets waiting so long to get a BlackBerry. His previous phone was a Moto Q. I'm still in love with my Bold 9000 and will probably wait to see what 9000 size devices are coming up before upgrading.
    01-12-10 11:11 PM
    I'm pretty sure the Tour has WiFi. Fantastic phone and as long as yours doesn't have issue's with the trackball, you'll love it! My friend has one for business and regrets waiting so long to get a BlackBerry. His previous phone was a Moto Q. I'm still in love with my Bold 9000 and will probably wait to see what 9000 size devices are coming up before upgrading.
    I'm pretty sure the Tour does NOT have wifi.

01-12-10 11:16 PM
    Congratulations on your purchase. My wife has the Tour and she loves it.

01-12-10 11:18 PM
    Welcome! I love my Tour; its the best.

And sadly, it doesn't have Wifi, but honestly, my net is always fast either way so I've never been too worked up over it.
    01-13-10 12:05 AM
    I'm pretty sure the Tour does NOT have wifi.

I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure my friends BlackBerry Tour 9630 running on the Bell Network in Canada has WiFi. But of course its 1am and I can't get ahold of him to confirm this. And to make matters even weirder, the bell.ca website doesn't even list the Tour anymore. Its a conspiracy to make me look foolish, well I say Ha! to that. I can make myself look foolish on my own, thank you very much!
    01-13-10 12:12 AM
    The Tour does not have wifi. The yet to be released Essex (Tour 2) will have wifi.
    01-13-10 01:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD