From what the new ceo of RIM is saying and what direction he is heading in I feel good about them. I like them with their getting things done advertising. It what we do. I think they should follow up with a back to the basics theme being the point. I have iphones, windows phones, android and I still have my palm 3. Sure its fun to plug your phone up to the tv, but I would guess most professional people like myself have some sort of big screen tv. I would guess. What I'm saying the fun and games are good but what I need a phone for is a phone. A communication device. The media stuff I have a home system for. So just get back to the basics of a phone and let it go. The basics are what we are forgetting now. Battery life, call quality and email connectivity. That is all. Sorry for ranting.
    05-30-12 06:54 AM
    I absolutelly agree and I've always called for an e-ink blackberry that could last over a week on one charge and will not need backlight in daylight.
    05-30-12 07:02 AM
    I absolutelly agree and I've always called for an e-ink blackberry that could last over a week on one charge and will not need backlight in daylight.
    That's actually not a horrible idea. I'm sure there are some use scenarios for that device, the military comes to mind, small & light comms for long missions.
    05-30-12 07:30 AM
    That's actually not a horrible idea. I'm sure there are some use scenarios for that device, the military comes to mind, small & light comms for long missions.
    I can't help thinking how much electricity we waste charging our phones once or twice a day. I remember when we could go for a week on one charge.

I have a media ritch tablet with now not to mention a laptop, so my needs in a phone are getting more and more back to basics every day.

I hate looking at my screen getting so bright in sunlight just so I can see some writing on a webpage or email.
    05-30-12 07:36 AM
    I agree, and let's not forget the security ..
    05-30-12 08:30 AM
    I agree, and let's not forget the security ..
    The security is the thing I think the average consumer is clueless to.
    05-30-12 08:52 AM
    I hate looking at my screen getting so bright in sunlight just so I can see some writing on a webpage or email.
    Yeah, a couple of days a month. You guys are more in need of a windshield wiper

I can't help thinking how much electricity we waste charging our phones once or twice a day. I remember when we could go for a week on one charge.
    That's a good point you make there, I've never even thought of that. Gonna do some
    reading on that now, thanks.
    05-30-12 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD