Many of us on CrackBerry have called for easy to understand, Apple-esque ads to demonstrate BB10. I found a slew of BlackBerry-produced ads on YouTube that do exactly that. I've never seen any of them on TV.

I'm curious if anyone here has seen these before, and more importantly, has anyone seen them on TV?

Here's a sampling of the videos, showing an average person using BB10 in a every day use-case:

I'm blown away by the effectiveness of these ads, they beat the flying magic carpet and sand-dune hopping ads by a country mile.
    09-26-13 03:31 AM
    Awesome, thanks for sharing these.

I definitely haven't seen them, so I'll watch them all real soon.
    09-26-13 03:46 AM
    They knock my socks off. They're extremely well-written and produced. I can't figure out why these didn't air in January.
    09-26-13 03:54 AM
    What the hell lol

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 03:57 AM
    The commercials I really liked were the split screen commercials comparing Blackberry users to other phones. They showed someone images like: someone running with their dog & a dog pulling someone along, a person watching a football game & a person actually playing football, a sheep & a sheep-dog, a glass half-full & a glass half-empty.....

It was all about how Blackberry people actually do stuff. It was effective, it was fun, and it was pretty cool.
    09-26-13 06:52 AM
    Have to admit that these are a lot more attention grabbing and hold your attention longer than the crap BlackBerry put on TV.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 07:11 AM
    I guess I will be the first one to admit it: those are some of the most boring advertisements I've ever seen.

Posted via CB10
    Houshinto likes this.
    09-26-13 07:13 AM
    It's still all cut and dried advertising. I agree with ajst222.

Sent from my sexy white hot Z10 in Sin City ;-)
    09-26-13 10:41 AM
    I've seen every one of these commercials, unfortunately only a handful of times on regular TV.
    09-26-13 10:44 AM
    Need the same for physical keyboard though!
    Instant action is the killing feature for me!
    Show side by side a Q10 and an iphone 5S and just look how long it takes to find an app, a file or a mp3 on your device from wherever you are.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 10:55 AM
    See this is the kind of thing I wish had been released to mainstream media. Put the message of these commercials in with something flashy but not detracting (no somersaults or glowing bikes please) and I think that could have been a good ad campaign.
    09-26-13 11:13 AM
    These ads are terrible. Who actually listens to an entire minute of talk during a commercial? TV ads are meant to be wham bam grab your attention before the view switches channels kind of thing, not a whole minute of lessons on how to use your phone.
    09-26-13 11:26 AM
    I started watching them an hour ago, fell asleep watching them, boring.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 11:29 AM
    The fact that these are not being aired in heavy rotation is further evidence of incompetence by the management team. If BB bought 5 spots during the superbowl, airing these ads instead of the fluff that did air, it would have been money VERY VERY WELL spent.

Kudoes to the team behind this series of ads. They're exactly what was / is needed.

EDIT: I posted the above after watching the first three videos, and I was disappointed that they haven't aired in heavy rotation. After watching the last two, I'M PRETTY EFFING P*SSED OFF that they haven't aired (I was a shareholder). The only logical reason why they haven't aired is because they would have undermined the death-spiral in the share price that allowed a $9 per share buyout.

If these ads had aired early and often in the Z10 rollout, how different things would be?

Any idea when they were produced? I guess it's moot if they were only produced in the last month or so, but if they were around prior to May, and just sitting in a hard drive at some PR agency, well, a whole mess of people should be fired to make examples of them.

EDIT: if you click "View on Youtube" you will see they were posted on Jan 30th. Launch Day. So, they were available from the beginning, but not aired on television (I've seen the 'artsy fartsy' ones that say nothing about how the device is superior to iOS or Android devices, while these make the benefits of BB10 absolutely clear.) Such a shame.
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 09-26-13 at 11:43 AM.
    09-26-13 11:32 AM
    These Ads are for carriers or trade shows, nicely done but it's just marketing fodder. If these really were aired on television then it is a direct reflctions on how poor Blackberry's market department truly is.
    09-26-13 11:38 AM
    These Ads are for carriers or trade shows, nicely done but it's just marketing fodder
    Deciding that their distribution should be limited is a tactical error on the part of whomever made that decision. These are the ads consumers need(ed) to see.
    09-26-13 11:40 AM
    Deciding that their distribution should be limited is a tactical error on the part of whomever made that decision. These are the ads consumers need(ed) to see.
    These Ads need to be edited down into a REAL television advert. No one in global marketing would pay to have these play on television, and if they did I hope they were part of the 4500 let go.
    09-26-13 11:42 AM
    only people who saw these commercials (demos) were BB fans that KNEW about the BB10 release.
    but the ones that didn't know? guess what?! They STILL don't know!
    09-26-13 11:50 AM
    While I link the commercials, it is from my perspective. Being in IT, I like the more information they give and how one could use the technology. That I believe is what is missing from the fell good commercials that we have all seen from time to time. However, my perspective is not the norm and it will certainly not drive enough business with the crowd these days. I think most BB users get it, it is the other very large mass that look at technology a whole different way. (IMO of course)
    09-26-13 12:04 PM
    Those videos are more tutorials than advertising. Advertising is less rational and more emotional. I still think these are great tutorials that have their place on youtube.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-26-13 04:54 PM
    Those videos are more tutorials than advertising. Advertising is less rational and more emotional. I still think these are great tutorials that have their place on youtube.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree. Commercials that just have someone sit there and describe and demo the device are just boring. They aren't effective. Good advertisements make it about something more than the phone itself and are emotional or sentimental as you said. I don't get how these are "Apple-esque" at all (some said these were like what Apple has done).

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 04:59 PM
    These are really good. But man the girl in the third ad must have the tiniest hands ever. The Z10 looks like a complete brick in her hand!!
    09-26-13 05:07 PM
    Technically they are good ads that feature the good things about BB10. On the aesthetic side of things, these are garbage. And speaks volumes of why Blackberry marketing never "got it". These are demo videos for carriers or corporate clients, not the average consumer.

The average customer will change channels after 10 seconds of this boring, cheesy music'ed, dull and dark, tutorial. They want a less then obvious narrative, an anecdote, a connection, something inspiring, something relevant, and these are the opposite of that.

Thank god I never saw these on TV with people in the room. I'd only be able to shake my head....
    ajst222 likes this.
    09-26-13 05:12 PM
    These are really good. But man the girl in the third ad must have the tiniest hands ever. The Z10 looks like a complete brick in her hand!!
    Showing her constantly using the device two handed goes counter to the notion that the Z10 is an optimal one handed device.
    A lot of the gestures shown could have been done one handed and would have conveyed the point of efficiency better.
    09-26-13 05:14 PM
    They knock my socks off. They're extremely well-written and produced. I can't figure out why these didn't air in January.
    Cause BlackBerry has no idea what the hell to do anymore

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    09-26-13 05:17 PM
30 12