I saw this on the front page of todays paper:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/s...-1226081956585
    06-25-11 06:58 PM
    A claim is one thing, actually implementing it is something completely different. At least in the case of BlackBerry it would be extremely difficult to access content without either physical access to the device, or installing spyware. Neither is easy to achieve without significant risk of detection by the user. In comparison it is relatively easy to access email as it passes through the user's mail server, all it needs is a password which experience shows is often simple to obtain by phishing, social engineering, or a brute force attack on the mail server.

My other thought is that the quoted price is rather high... and it will be very difficult to recover if/when this scheme is found to be a scam.
    06-26-11 05:15 AM
    They can hack my email I don't care. If they are that interested in the spam I get and the fwds I receive and my conversations with my family. Nothing here to see, move along lol.
    06-26-11 06:17 AM
    One email they won't hack is your @carrier.blackberry.net email. That can't be accessed from any computer terminal anywhere. It can only be accessed from your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-11 08:49 AM
    They can hack gmail?

06-29-11 06:35 AM
    They can hack gmail?

If they know your user name they can go on gmail and guess passwords. Can't do that with the address I mentioned; it can only be accessed from the BlackBerry device.

06-29-11 06:53 AM
    LMAO! For those who missed it, just google "gmail spear phishing" and remember this is only one of many methods which could impact any user on any mail server which is accessible from internet.
    06-29-11 06:55 AM
    gmail would rate low on the list for security.
    06-29-11 07:08 AM
    I call it a scam, malware is bad enough on the PC side of things. I use Linux daily and won't go to questionable websites. Period.

06-29-11 07:49 AM
    If they know your user name they can go on gmail and guess passwords. Can't do that with the address I mentioned; it can only be accessed from the BlackBerry device.

Foe gmail even with two tier identification? Of course anybody can phishing but try to guess: $@&9)!-2!;\*+sdwe.

If you guess the password you are welcome to the account.
    06-29-11 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD