It's fast and reliable. That's new to Blackberry! At least, if you're a Storm/Storm 2/Torch owner like me it is!

- R.
    Well ya..
    If your coming from a 5 year old device.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 12:35 PM
    And in 2013 it amazes ME that people don't understand the one benefit of using an app over the browser: NOTIFICATIONS. Does the browser send you push notifications? Nope. Sure, some things may send you emails with alerts, but I like to keep my emails uncluttered. If information comes to me in a notification I can check it and it goes away. I don't have to waste time deleting it. Plus, if you have a lot of notifications coming to your device, an email might get loss in the shuffle, whereas a notification is easier to distinguish.

Also, many apps are formatted for easy navigation compared to a website. Perhaps some options are available within the app than the website. The group class schedule at my gym is a good example. On the website it's just viewed as a grid of all classes, all instructors, all days, etc. Within the app, you can sort all of that. Want to see all classes taught by a specific instructor this week? You can. Want to see how many times a certain class is offered this week? You can. Want to quickly view this information for other clubs in the area? You can.

I use web bookmarks put on the homescreen and into folders as substitutes for apps, but IMO they're no substitute for a full-featured app. People that shrug off the importance and functionality of apps are just as bad as former RIM management who thoght all they needed was a secure platform and fast email. They thought everything else were just fads and gimmicks. Look where that got them. Want BB10 to survive and thrive? They need to give the masses what they want. Having an awesome browser AND the apps people want make for an unbeatable duo.
    Wow - EXTREMELY well said! Hadn't even thought about the notifications angle. <takes hat off and bows in amazement>

- R.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-24-13 12:35 PM
    Well ya..
    If your coming from a 5 year old device.

Posted via CB10
    My 9860 isn't 5 years old, my friend. Until the release of the Z10 it was Blackerry's flagship touchscreen device.

Blackberry has had a history of poor quality browsers. Glad to see that behind us, but let's not pretend it was otherwise, ok?

- R.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-24-13 12:37 PM
    My 9860 isn't 5 years old, my friend. Until the release of the Z10 it was Blackerry's flagship touchscreen device.

Blackberry has had a history of poor quality browsers. Glad to see that behind us, but let's not pretend it was otherwise, ok?

- R.
    I know they were crap. But most moved on to try what wasn't crap at the time so we were pretty much used to this browser when it came out as it is the same as the rest

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 12:42 PM
    ... But most moved on to try what wasn't crap at the time so we were pretty much used to this browser when it came out as it is the same as the rest

Posted via CB10
    With all due respect, are you saying the browser on the Z10/Q10 is no better than the one on my 9860? Serious question, because I don't like the one on my 9860. I was impressed by what I'd read of the Z10 browser, but if you're saying it's no better than what I have now ...

Please let me know.

- R.
    04-24-13 01:03 PM
    It's a way better browser the z10. Other Os browsers were better for a while

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 01:11 PM
    BlackBerry Travel, dude. It's waaaaay more advanced than any other travel app anywhere. You want notifications? Hehe... yeah, we got 'em.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 03:18 PM
32 12