Something I brought up in a thread recently that I assume was deleted as it's premise seemed to be trolling in nature, was Familiarity!, the 8330 became a familiar device, the BBOS was familiar, some aspects it certainly was inferior to Windows Mobile but in others it was superior, and since I work far more than I play I became familiar with BBOS and that helps in the buying decision, Something RIM has done very well is keep OS4,5,6 soooo very familiar you always feel at home, even if it did get a full make over.
    I agree. I am comfortable with the BB OS. My BB 8100 had what now seems to be an ancient OS compared to OS6 on my 9800. But even after jumping ship to the iPhone and coming back to the 9800, I was able to pick it up and know all the basic functions of OS6 and my 9800.
    04-27-11 10:20 AM
    @p
    I think you posted on the wrong site to find the "average" Blackberrry user.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    1812dave likes this.
    04-28-11 04:22 AM
    @p
    I think you posted on the wrong site to find the "average" Blackberrry user.

Actually I'm not searching for the average BB user but the onces which choose BB cause its BB and not only cause he looks fine or is cheap. But I'll make persona's which stands for an average BB user, which could be important for BB. So both users of this forum and people who are less into BB.

Can you advise me where I should do this research to reach the so called average BB user in your eyes? I would be really thankfull
    04-28-11 06:06 AM
    No, sorry I can't help you find another good blackberry site. I was just saying that most of us that post on this site are a slave to or berrys(or getting there).

Anyways to answer your original question. I need the internet with me at all times(job related). So I chose the bb as my first smartphone because I really didn't have any other choice at the time. This was around 8 months ago. Now that I've had a little time to research the different operating systems that are on smartphones theses days I'm really happy that I chose bb. My phone can do 85 percent of what I ask the to 100 percent of the time. Any problems and I just come to this forum for a little help.

04-28-11 06:29 AM
    Not only have I chosen my Blackberry due to the fact that it has a superior keyboard, but i also bought it because it is instant.
    Dead batteries are not instant. (Android)
    iPhone users are generally... Not smart. I mean in my High school, Not online. I don't want to be in that category.
    The PlayBook was a HUGE plus for me upgrading from my 8330m
    04-28-11 07:18 AM
    Not only have I chosen my Blackberry due to the fact that it has a superior keyboard, but i also bought it because it is instant.
    Dead batteries are not instant. (Android)
    iPhone users are generally... Not smart. I mean in my High school, Not online. I don't want to be in that category.
    The PlayBook was a HUGE plus for me upgrading from my 8330m
    Thank you for your response,
    What functions do you use with your BB? And which of those do you use at work/school?
    You mentioned the keyboard, is the keyboard a must for your smartphone? What about Symbian or WM? These platforms also have smartphones which have a keyboard and long(er) battery life as far as I know
    04-28-11 08:41 AM
    I'm a BlackBerry user. I wanted a phone that could do more than make phone calls and text, so a bought a Curve 9300 because I was the most inexpensive at the time. I liked the push email, full qwerty keyboard. I didn't buy an iPhone or Android phone because at the time I had bad experiences with touch screen phones. Now I have a Torch 9800 and I love the large touch screen with a full keyboard. The actual physical keyboard is one of the main reasons I stay with BB. I find their keyboards comfortable. I've played with friend's iPhones and own an Android tablet, and in my opinion they just don't compare to a BB. Its just what works best for what I need and want.

04-28-11 09:28 PM
    I'm a BlackBerry user. I wanted a phone that could do more than make phone calls and text, so a bought a Curve 9300 because I was the most inexpensive at the time. I liked the push email, full qwerty keyboard. I didn't buy an iPhone or Android phone because at the time I had bad experiences with touch screen phones. Now I have a Torch 9800 and I love the large touch screen with a full keyboard. The actual physical keyboard is one of the main reasons I stay with BB. I find their keyboards comfortable. I've played with friend's iPhones and own an Android tablet, and in my opinion they just don't compare to a BB. Its just what works best for what I need and want.

Thank you!
    A perfectly clear answer why you didn't choose iPhone, although Android also has smartphones with keyboard. Did you took that in consideration when choosing a smartphone? And what about Symbian and WM with keyboard?
    You said the keyboard was one of the main reasons, could you please tell me what those other reasons are or were? I would be really happy if you answer that question.
    04-29-11 02:00 AM
    Also interesting is what kind of options or techniques you would like to be add to the smartphone in the future (lets say 2015). Think off open or lock doors with your smartphone or start computers with your smartphone.

It doesn't have to be on your own smartphone.
    05-03-11 02:18 AM
    Also interesting is what kind of options or techniques you would like to be add to the smartphone in the future (lets say 2015). Think off open or lock doors with your smartphone or start computers with your smartphone.

It doesn't have to be on your own smartphone.

by 2015 I expect to see smartphone use being FAR MORE platform based than device based, your smartphone will be connected to a cloud identity which will store your data, from contacts of different forms, to pictures, video's documents,

What I would like from my Smartphones is a full overhaul of the archaic Contact management that ALL smartphones seem to use, gone are the days of contacts with single means of communication, gone are the days that a contact is an "island" everything/one is far more connected and your contact list should make that easy to build/view/map quickly

I want an email system that again is more robust, something along the lines of gmail, meets outlook, tags and folders, and more sorting options!

I don't care much for the fancy features I'm sure NFC will make my phone a FOB for opening doors, and paying bills, and I know I'll use it, but it isn't something I am waiting on
    05-03-11 07:18 AM
    TY all for your responses!

I'm analysing these days, but still feel free tot post your answer here. Also what features you like to see in 2015 of the regular smartphone
    05-12-11 07:14 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD