Hi, I was trying to couple my Tour with my new netbook that's running Windows 7. Once the phone and the laptop were connected, I double-clicked on the little phone icon and up popped a screen called "Bluetooth Device Control" where there is a little menu of "Phone Operations." One of these says "Use phone to connect to internet" and then a button that says "Connect."

I hit connect and, lo and behold, I was tethered to the blackberry and able to surf the web with no software at all involved. No Tether software, no blackberry desktop manager software, no 'nothing. I was stunned.

HOWEVER, the problem is that I can't connect to Skype, Trillian, or any non-html based apps with this tethering connection.

I'm posting this using this Windows 7 bluetooth tethering connection. Has anybody else tried this? What have been your results? thx
    Last edited by Furballz; 01-17-11 at 06:53 PM.
    WakyEggs likes this.
    01-17-11 06:47 PM
    Thank you!
    02-26-13 05:09 PM
    Hi, I was trying to couple my Tour with my new netbook that's running Windows 7. Once the phone and the laptop were connected, I double-clicked on the little phone icon and up popped a screen called "Bluetooth Device Control" where there is a little menu of "Phone Operations." One of these says "Use phone to connect to internet" and then a button that says "Connect."

I hit connect and, lo and behold, I was tethered to the blackberry and able to surf the web with no software at all involved. No Tether software, no blackberry desktop manager software, no 'nothing. I was stunned.

HOWEVER, the problem is that I can't connect to Skype, Trillian, or any non-html based apps with this tethering connection.

I'm posting this using this Windows 7 bluetooth tethering connection. Has anybody else tried this? What have been your results? thx
    Furballz: how did you connect your phone to the netbook using W7. I have a Toshiba NB505 netbook and after reading this post, looked everywhere on it but can't figure out how to connect the two. Any instructions will be much appreciated. If I could figure that out, it would an awesome way to use it. Thanks!

Update, I have Window 7 Starter on the netbook and it doesn't have the Windows Mobil Center that allows for the hookup. Bummer! However, I'm downloading the file now from MS but it the file that allows you to do it is the Windows Device Ceter 6.1 and I thought that was for windows based phones or phones using this active sync system like the old Samsungs that I used to have years ago. Curious if this is the right program. Will update---
    Last edited by go1ndr; 02-26-13 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Update
    02-26-13 05:39 PM
    Update, didn't work and crashed my netbook. No biggie, just a shutdown. I tried using my bluetooth settings on the phone to reconize the netbook and vice versa but it didn't. Can you post the steps you went through to make this work. Also, did you have you "HotSpot" connection "on". If so, that is why it won't work on mine as I do not have the hotspot set up with AT&T and won't. Hope you post back and thanks!
    02-26-13 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD