I recently noticed that my Curve has stopped automatically punctuating words, capitalizing "i" in the middle of a sentence, etc. I love this feature in BB Messenger, Email, SMS.

For instance, if I type "dont" then space, the berry would change it to "don't". The use of apostrophes is the biggest thing I've noticed missing. Periods still occur at the end of a sentence with two spaces at the end. However, if I type "i" in the middle of a sentence, it will not change it to "I".

Anyone have this happen or know how to get it back? There are no options in BB Messenger to change punctuation options.

THANKS!
    08-27-09 09:07 AM
    That is done by AutoText. Autotext can be disable is you choose.

Options / SMS / Disable AutoText may be set to Yes.
    08-27-09 09:11 AM
    I checked that. Disable autotext is set to "no".
    08-27-09 11:56 AM
    Try setting it to "yes", creating a message or two, then setting it back to "no"
    08-27-09 11:57 AM
    That's strange. Try setting it to yes, save it, then return it to no and save it. Perhaps it is just confused?
    08-27-09 11:58 AM
    Make sure the language on the device is set to English United States.
    08-27-09 12:28 PM
    Make sure the language on the device is set to English United States.
    That was it! Language was set to English (United States), but Input Language was somehow changed to Espanol. Once I changed Input Language back to English, Autotext kicked back in. Thanks for the help!
    08-28-09 11:15 AM
    Glad I could help. Hopefully you don't have that annoying "EN"
    symbol at the top right corner now.
    08-28-09 01:34 PM
    OK, now I'm having this problem and none of these suggestions fixed it for me. Any other thoughts?
    08-28-09 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD