They took my Blackberry Leap for 'repair/replacement' a month-and-a-half ago and show no signs of returning it to me. I was originally assured of getting it back within 10-15 days; and at every follow-up I am told it will take another 10-15 days because it has been sent to the factory! What recourse do I have to get my phone back, aside from approaching consumer grievance forums? (The BlackBerry India customer care number on the BB website doesn't work.) Any suggestions please?
    07-13-16 06:13 AM
    You may want to refer your problem to the authorities for escalation. That's the only way I can think of.
    07-13-16 08:36 PM
    Thanks for your reply. After a good bit of chasing I was told the device has been sent to Blackberry's service provider HCL for 'processing'. But I thought HCL only did Enterprise solutions for Blackberry..?
    07-18-16 03:36 AM
    Processing... whatever that means! :-D

(hope it doesn't mean recycling...)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    07-18-16 05:05 PM
    Processing... whatever that means! :-D

(hope it doesn't mean recycling...)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    Sounds like Soylent Green.
    07-18-16 06:56 PM
    From the amount of time they've been taking, they're probably trying to pray it back to health!
    07-21-16 08:20 AM
    Today, 3.5 months after I handed my phone over to the authorised BB service centre, I got a call from the service centre folks saying my replacement BB Leap has arrived. But given their record of dodgy responses, I'm not jumping for joy yet. For one, they said the device is a replacement but it does not come box-packed. The warranty is not renewed, they said, but will continue from my original purchase.
    Is there a way I can check how old the device is? And whether it's even genuine? Any suggestions?
    09-19-16 04:09 AM
    In what country does this authorized service centre operate?

The one in Canada is closed for good. I don't think they repair devices anymore. I'd suggest push for a replacement unit instead.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-16 05:58 PM
    In what country does this authorized service centre operate?

The one in Canada is closed for good. I don't think they repair devices anymore. I'd suggest push for a replacement unit instead.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, that's what I did this last month-and-a-half, and apparently they have got a replacement unit for me now. Before I collect it from them I want to understand how to make sure it's a genuine device and how to check the date of manufacture (i.e. a way to check its age).
    09-20-16 01:06 AM
    Got my BB Leap replaced. Hallelujah!
    It's a new device but the warranty is not renewed. In any case, I don't know that I'll go back to these service centre folks again. They claim the delay was because of HCL Technologies buying up the older, smaller, more efficient BB repair & return centres in India. Anyway, I'm just glad to have my BB back!
    09-26-16 12:58 AM