11-12-13 05:50 AM
    Nice...

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 05:53 AM
    The bad news is that, according to Kantar, BlackBerry now trails "Other" in the U.S.

Australian Blackberry Sales triple!-2pzi.jpg
    richardat and Etios like this.
    11-12-13 07:35 AM
    Thanks JasW for pointing out the global negativity for us ! I was feeling good about this positive news, but you were able to bring us back and make sure we stay feeling uncertain about Blackberry's future.

Thanks ! Keep up the good work !
    11-12-13 09:25 AM
    Kantar is a load of sh**. Honestly? It basically profiles all of the markets BB10 has been least successful in. Where in India's numbers? Indonesia's? Canada's? It's a joke.

Posted from my Q10 on the West Coast
    11-12-13 10:25 AM
    The bad news is that, according to Kantar, BlackBerry now trails "Other" in the U.S.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2pzi.jpg 
Views:	2332 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	219791
    I'm sorry, you seem to have misread the word 'Australia' for 'US'.

Perhaps you should get a BlackBerry.

They're very precise, you know.
    h20work likes this.
    11-12-13 02:23 PM
    11-12-13 02:24 PM
    Good find, it about time we start seeing alot of good new about BlackBerry.
    11-12-13 02:31 PM
    Thanks JasW for pointing out the global negativity for us ! I was feeling good about this positive news, but you were able to bring us back and make sure we stay feeling uncertain about Blackberry's future.

Thanks ! Keep up the good work !
    Call me a Gloomy Gus, but I find it hard to get excited about a 1.3% market share in Australia for the three months ending Sept. 2013, even if it is triple the 0.4% market share for the three months ending Sept. 2012.

Among other things, that's because the previous month's report showed BB had a 0.5% market share in Australia for the three months ending Aug. 2013 -- one-third of the 1.6% share it had for the three months ending Aug. 2012:

Australian Blackberry Sales triple!-9rmi.jpg

The numbers are essentially just hovering around 1%, in other words. Hardly anything to write home about. Particularly when you see Windows Phone closing in on 10%.
    Etios and richardat like this.
    11-12-13 03:07 PM
    I taught that China was going to be a big market for BlackBerry?

And never mind Latin America.....

Would be interesting to know why Australia saw an increase, find a way to build on it.
    11-12-13 03:29 PM

Would be interesting to know why Australia saw an increase, find a way to build on it.
    Quite frankly, I think it has to do with the guy they have in place there. I read an article months ago on him. Seems like just the kind of guy they need to find more of, and promote.
    11-12-13 04:36 PM
    Call me a Gloomy Gus, but I find it hard to get excited about a 1.3% market share in Australia for the three months ending Sept. 2013, even if it is triple the 0.4% market share for the three months ending Sept. 2012.

Among other things, that's because the previous month's report showed BB had a 0.5% market share in Australia for the three months ending Aug. 2013 -- one-third of the 1.6% share it had for the three months ending Aug. 2012:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9rmi.jpg 
Views:	1901 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	219953

The numbers are essentially just hovering around 1%, in other words. Hardly anything to write home about. Particularly when you see Windows Phone closing in on 10%.
    OK Gloomy Gus!

Thanks for reporting on the Australian fightback!
    11-12-13 04:40 PM

I was thinking that too: ~0% in China??? That's a surprising figure (at least to me).
    11-12-13 04:43 PM
    I was thinking that too: ~0% in China??? That's a surprising figure (at least to me).
    That part of China with BBRY sales is probably Hong Kong and Macau, not the Mainland
    11-12-13 04:52 PM
    Whilst not the biggest market in the world - actually we're probably the smallest - Australians are techno-crazy. I think we're some of the most "connected" people in the world and I'd say our take up rate on smartphones themselves would be pretty high.

Anyway, the increase would be down to BB10 in whole. What did we have here 12 months ago? The 9900 I'd say. Corporate sales mostly.
    11-12-13 08:53 PM

BlackBerry was advertising a similar amount to how Apple was. Unfortunately, they have now stopped.?

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    11-12-13 09:55 PM
    Whilst not the biggest market in the world - actually we're probably the smallest - Australians are techno-crazy. I think we're some of the most "connected" people in the world and I'd say our take up rate on smartphones themselves would be pretty high.

Anyway, the increase would be down to BB10 in whole. What did we have here 12 months ago? The 9900 I'd say. Corporate sales mostly.
    Hi there! I've even heard it said that we are considered a 'Litmus Test' of sorts for emerging technologies.
    In 2000, myself and a large number of colleagues were given the (then) ground breaking Nokia 9110i to help us in our travels, when the greater majority of the world were struggling to even comprehend that kind of technology, let alone utilise it in a mobile workforce.
    Also, it's been reported that the ATO are taking a 'wait and see' approach (re: BBRYs direction) before committing to BB10.

So all in all, I think things will only get better here.

Z10 via CB10
    11-13-13 02:17 AM
    Mate, to be honest it can't get worse! . I suppose it could, but you know what I mean.
    bennelong likes this.
    11-13-13 02:20 AM
    Here is a bit more good/bad news , the Z10 pre orders were greater than supply in Indonesia which is the biggest buyer of BlackBerry, This was very poor and a lot of sales were lost and lost to Samsung.
    Major error by Blackberry who concentrated too much on the US and forgot where their customers were. BBM is big in Indonesia and now they couldn't fulfill the initial demand a lot of ppl are now using it on Samsung phones;

Z10 is a Smash Hit in BlackBerry's Biggest Asian Market - Indonesia | The Gadget Masters

And the Result

BlackBerry's decline in established Indonesian market a lesson for Apple, Samsung | NDTV Gadgets
    11-13-13 05:29 AM
    Perhaps carrier support was a factor. The biggest local carrier Telstra was/is showcasing BB10 phones in all their stores. They had special displays whilst all the other phones didn't. Also the 3 or 4 Telstra sales guys I talked to spoke positively about the new BlackBerry's. I am sure most carriers are keen to broaden the competition against the duopoly that is Apple and Google.

Did you know that the best backup app for BB10, Fire Chest Backup, is an Australian app?
    11-14-13 11:45 PM
    Perhaps carrier support was a factor. The biggest local carrier Telstra was/is showcasing BB10 phones in all their stores. They had special displays whilst all the other phones didn't. Also the 3 or 4 Telstra sales guys I talked to spoke positively about the new BlackBerry's. I am sure most carriers are keen to broaden the competition against the duopoly that is Apple and Google.

Did you know that the best backup app for BB10, Fire Chest Backup, is an Australian app?
    maybe you should look recent report BlackBerry sales on australia are declining by a third. from 1.6% to 0.5%
    11-15-13 12:59 AM
    maybe you should look recent report BlackBerry sales on australia are declining by a third. from 1.6% to 0.5%
    Why?

Z10 via CB10
    11-15-13 01:30 AM
    Do you have a link to that report?
    11-15-13 01:40 AM

Woohoo Australia from Canada!

Posted via CB10
    FireChestApps and bennelong like this.
    11-15-13 02:13 AM
    Do you have a link to that report?
    sorry wrong info...it seems i mix august report with sept report ...BB indeed tripled their marketshare from 0.4% to 1.3%
    11-15-13 03:26 AM
27 12