01-17-17 05:13 PM
34 12
tools
    Have you tried the Neutron Player app from BlackBerry World?

That's just too much hardware for my taste.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 02:19 PM
    I use the standard music player which is good enough for me especially when I'm by passing the onboard DAC/Amp. From my understanding Neutron is great with built in chip so kind of redundant if using with external DAC/Amp. I could be wrong?

Posted via CB10
    Neutron has better decoding capabilities and can play dsd files as of the latest update Not all music apps are created equal :P But the stock player isn't bad either, and it has EQ now as well.

Have you tried the Neutron Player app from BlackBerry World?

That's just too much hardware for my taste.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, thats my go to player for non spotify music. Most of my music is via streaming but I do have a few offline albums and so neutron comes in hand for that.
    05-08-15 02:22 PM
    As an amateur audiophile, your post just took me to a higher level. That set up is pretty sweet. What are your thoughts on the Fiio your using? Is there another usb-amp you would recommend?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 03:57 PM
    As an amateur audiophile, your post just took me to a higher level. That set up is pretty sweet. What are your thoughts on the Fiio your using? Is there another usb-amp you would recommend?

Posted via CB10
    Glad I was able to help! Honestly I am loving this set up. Nice and portable and pretty discrete.

As for the Fiio it is a decent all in one device and it also works with my laptop! It also works with my Playstation 3 via an optical in port.

It sounds great and is like a swiss army knife. Sadly the E17 model was recently discontinued and the E17k released in its place. With a better chip I think. But they took out my favourite feature, ability to use it with my playstation so I am gonna stick with the Fiio E17 now.

Hmm, there are many quality USB amp/dacs on the market so you are in luck. If you can give me an idea of the price range you were looking at and which headphone(s) you plan to use with, I might be able to recommend a few

And also will it be just for your phone or would you also like to use with your desktop/laptop?
    05-12-15 02:29 PM
    hi....i've been searching and haven't come up with an answer...is there a usb audio device that works with the passport and provides a recording (audio-in) function? i'd like to send a board mix to my phone and hopefully record it in hi-res (24/96)..

thanks

Posted via CBX
    04-03-16 03:39 PM
    Old thread, I know, but I just decided to look into this. I have a Z30 and a FIIO E07K. Music plays fine via the native player, but I can't get Neutron to output to the FIIO. In Settings, I choose "Output to"...and I get no choices...but a red line scrolls erratically across the top of the screen as if the player were searching for options...but it never finds anything. Has anyone encountered this? Suggestions?

edit: Okay, I think that the "Output To" option is for something else..but I still don't know how to get output from Neutron via the DAC. Neutron says that it's playing.

Thanx!!
    Last edited by alphecca; 05-16-16 at 10:00 AM.
    05-16-16 08:33 AM
    This didn't work on my Passport when trying to connect it to my Audio Engine DAC.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 09:17 AM
    Has anyone tried pairing the Passport with a Topping NX2?
    01-17-17 04:02 PM
    I don't mind at all! The more people know the better. This is a killer capability that not a lot of people know about go ahead

What he said. You will need a dac and I believe I linked one earlier, it can be had for about 30 dollars and is killer for the price.

This is the one: HiFimeDIY Sabre Android DAC

It was specifically made for phones so it won't draw too much power from the phone.

Also, @jrohland what amp/dac do you plan to use with it? Are you a headphone nut (like me :P) as well?
    So you just plug your headphones into that and you are done? Or is there something else that goes between this and your headphones?
    01-17-17 05:13 PM
34 12