...stop telling BBRY (or us/CB really) what they need to do and what a big mistake this or that is.

You know what BBRY needs to do to make a "turn-around" like you know who's going to win the next Super Bowl or whatever. Just about everything being said by the armchair CEO's around here is just the same old stuff being regurgitated over and over and over and they think they're actually the one smart guy who figured something out (because you know, they have a friend who knows someone on the inside who leaked certain info or they did their "research"...). As if it were that easy...

CB has gone from being a BBRY enthusiasts hang-out to a soap box for self-proclaimed smart people, who know what needs to be done to turn a multi-billion dollar corporation around, to give themselves attention and validate their ego.

So many threads complaining about product launches to Thor's management style, to Alicia Keys, etc.
    06-29-13 04:01 PM
    Just in case you didn't know!
    Attached Thumbnails ATTENTION:  To all arm-chair CEO's...-img_00000232.jpg  
    06-29-13 04:39 PM
    I agree with the OP. When I first came to CB I saw mostly BlackBerry enthusiasts. Now there is such negative comments on here.

I believe everyone should be able to speak their 2 cents here, but come on!

If anybody is displeased with the performance of their Berry or the company, then switch and don't b***h! ....

Posted via CB10
    sagii, JR A, urbanfarmer and 10 others like this.
    06-29-13 04:50 PM
    Just in case you didn't know!

You Sir, have made good use of your head!
    DJM626 and dphjeff like this.
    06-29-13 04:52 PM
    Perhaps you could form a committee to review all new threads and determine if they meet your standards.
    You know, censors.
    06-29-13 04:55 PM
    agreed OP

BlackBerry Z10- I use it for a phone and a computer
    06-29-13 04:55 PM
    Perhaps you could form a committee to review all new threads and determine if they meet your standards.
    You know, censors.
    It was pretty disgusting what was being spewed yesterday on CB.

maddie1128 likes this.
    06-29-13 04:58 PM
    I always marvel at these sorts of excuses.
    'Arm chair CEOs', don't know what we're spouting etc.

If the actual CEO has to resort to lying, misleading, is uncharismatic, doesn't turn things around, and stock continues to drop, I can't fathom how people can still badmouth the opinions of 'arm chair CEOs'.
    If the actual CEO doesn't have a clue, surely the arm chair CEOs might be on to something. Particularly when they were giving their constructive criticism before the numbers came in, like the folks talking about the things they missed from BBOS, who were roundly criticised for 'not getting with the times'
    06-29-13 05:03 PM
    So ignore it or don't read it.
    People feel the need to vent. Let the mods clean up when is improper.
    Bet it is bad in three months also.
    06-29-13 05:04 PM
    What's funny is that if RIM actually listened to these "arm-chair CEO's" 5 years ago - they wouldn't be in this mess today.

How many of us have been saying for years that RIM needs to release a product that competes with the iPhone and Android device - and not sit back thinking those old BBOS devices were going to cut it? Well you can guess who was right and who was wrong.
    Gawain, h20work, JeepBB and 4 others like this.
    06-29-13 05:10 PM
    I actually commend BlackBerry on at least telling their PlayBook users that it won't be getting BlackBerry 10. Come on, we all saw this coming. The hardware that thing was rocking wasn't capable of running the new OS. They may have tried to slim it down but those efforts have failed. Why settle for a watered down version of BlackBerry 10. For all i care this new "A10" should pretty much fit the description of a new pseudo tablet given how big it's shaping up to be according to rumors.

As far as the community goes the lot of you flipping a **** need to get it together. This is childish. Come on you're grown adults here. Be realistic.

Posted via CB10
    EchuOkan1 and ricocan like this.
    06-29-13 05:12 PM
    I always marvel at these sorts of excuses.
    'Arm chair CEOs', don't know what we're spouting etc.

If the actual CEO has to resort to lying, misleading, is uncharismatic, doesn't turn things around, and stock continues to drop, I can't fathom how people can still badmouth the opinions of 'arm chair CEOs'.
    If the actual CEO doesn't have a clue, surely the arm chair CEOs might be on to something. Particularly when they were giving their constructive criticism before the numbers came in, like the folks talking about the things they missed from BBOS, who were roundly criticised for 'not getting with the times'
    Unfortunately many CEOs today lie, manipulate and mislead....everyone here acts like large corporations give a **** about the consumer.
    Now with that said, the OP has a point. If the solution was as simple as what crackberry members believe it is, don't you think it would have been implemented long ago?
    I do however agree with a revamped marketing strategy because their commercials are terrible in my opinion.

Posted via Z10
    rotorwrench likes this.
    06-29-13 05:13 PM
    So ignore it or don't read it.
    People feel the need to vent. Let the mods clean up when is improper.
    Bet it is bad in three months also.
    Let's hope it is not bad or bye bye CB

06-29-13 05:13 PM
    I agree with the OP. When I first came to CB I saw mostly BlackBerry enthusiasts. Now there is such negative comments on here.

If anybody is displeased with the performance of their Berry or the company, then switch and don't b***h! ....

Posted via CB10
    Yes please, go all home you naysayers and let me alone in this joyfull world where i can still look through my pink glasses!
    06-29-13 05:20 PM
    Yes please, go all home you naysayers and let me alone in this joyfull world where i can still look through my pink glasses!
    And enjoy my CB Koolaid.
    anon(5828343) and JeepBB like this.
    06-29-13 05:21 PM
    Unfortunately many CEOs today lie, manipulate and mislead....everyone here acts like large corporations give a **** about the consumer.
    Now with that said, the OP has a point. If the solution was as simple as what crackberry members believe it is, don't you think it would have been implemented long ago?
    I do however agree with a revamped marketing strategy because their commercials are terrible in my opinion.

Posted via Z10
    It would have happened a long time ago?
    Your talking about a company that took two year to make a new device!
    06-29-13 05:55 PM
    Yeah, just two years to develop a new OS from scratch and put it inside some sexy hardware. Pretty darn good!

It would have been easy to roll a BlackBerry flavor of Android. I'm very glad they didn't do that because BlackBerry 10 is truly wonderful.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 06:02 PM
    What are you talking about it is an Android device.
    Drew808 likes this.
    06-29-13 06:12 PM
    ...stop telling BBRY (or us/CB really) what they need to do and what a big mistake this or that is.

You know what BBRY needs to do to make a "turn-around" like you know who's going to win the next Super Bowl or whatever. Just about everything being said by the armchair CEO's around here is just the same old stuff being regurgitated over and over and over and they think they're actually the one smart guy who figured something out (because you know, they have a friend who knows someone on the inside who leaked certain info or they did their "research"...). As if it were that easy...

CB has gone from being a BBRY enthusiasts hang-out to a soap box for self-proclaimed smart people, who know what needs to be done to turn a multi-billion dollar corporation around, to give themselves attention and validate their ego.

So many threads complaining about product launches to Thor's management style, to Alicia Keys, etc.
    I love it when someone starts a new thread to complain about people complaining. It makes me feel all fuzzy inside.
    06-29-13 06:17 PM
    I actually commend BlackBerry on at least telling their PlayBook users that it won't be getting BlackBerry 10. Come on, we all saw this coming. The hardware that thing was rocking wasn't capable of running the new OS. They may have tried to slim it down but those efforts have failed. Why settle for a watered down version of BlackBerry 10. For all i care this new "A10" should pretty much fit the description of a new pseudo tablet given how big it's shaping up to be according to rumors.

As far as the community goes the lot of you flipping a **** need to get it together. This is childish. Come on you're grown adults here. Be realistic.

Posted via CB10
    So, why didn't you tell Thorsten Heins it wouldn't work? He's been saying all this time that it would work. Not should work. Or maybe could work. Or it's gonna be hard but maybe can work. No, he said it will work. If only people like you had told him! Could have saved him a few moments to lie to us.
    richardat, bekkay and JeepBB like this.
    06-29-13 06:23 PM
    I agree with the op, but I'll take it a step further. I had the same sentiments about the departed co-CEO's. I still like them, and Heins, too. I don't know if I would call what RIM now Blackberry has stated re expectations as "lies," but more as high hopes which never materialized. Such-and-such an update is coming in two months? Well, for whatever reason it didn't happen. It's disappointing, for sure, but not as intentionally misleading as "unlimited" data that's really capped at 5gb or outright lies like Sprint (Verizon, whatever) "values your privacy" while they're directly cooperating with the likes of the NSA. Most corporations are devious liars. I remain hopeful that BlackBerry isn't lying intentionally.
    JR A and rotorwrench like this.
    06-29-13 06:25 PM
    Someone call the WAAAAAAMMBULANCE!!!

Posted via CB10
    dphjeff and anon(5828343) like this.
    06-29-13 06:33 PM
    Yep, everyone knows that BBRY needs to do for a turnaroud. You know why? Because many companies have done it.

It's the same reason why many here have said since day one that BBRY is doing things wrong. And lo! We were right. We hanged around secretly hoping against all odds that we were wrong. We're not ******** because we have something against BBRY but because we love it and we still hope they will take the tried and true way to restore the company to its glory. When you love someone, you don't become a yesman, simply approving every little thing they do when it's obvious it's idiotic. When push comes to shove you take a stand.

I'm not going away because I still hope.
    anon(5828343) and jegs2 like this.
    06-29-13 06:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    People say this all the time, but they seem to forget, Blackberry already tried that approach. Remember what happened?

Here's a hint:

ATTENTION:  To all arm-chair CEO's...-research-motion-ltd-bbry_stockcharts.png
    dphjeff, anon(5828343) and jegs2 like this.
    06-29-13 06:34 PM

It's a new OS not just a new device. Do you know how long it took others to develop a new OS? 2 years is actually a phenomenal feat.

Posted via Z10
    Bobcat665 and rotorwrench like this.
    06-29-13 06:51 PM
159 123 ...