View Poll Results: Do you want RIM to provide one of the updates described in the post?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! - Give us native viewing of newest attachment formats.

6 100.00%
  • No - I'm perfectly happy with my limited BB capabilities.

0 0%
    I propose that RIM makes an immediate change/update to the attachment module for email attachments that alows native viewing of XML (docx, xlsx, etc.) extentions that are native to MS Office 2007 and above. The update is a necessary change regardless of the fact that DocToGo can be updated to support the new formats. Some people don't want to depend upon DocToGo to get work done. Not only that, but the version that RIM bundles with the handset OS isn't even a full version of DocToGo. I think we, as consumers and community supporters, pay enough for the handsets and monthly servers (some including even maintenance and licensing fees for BES) that IT'S WITHIN RIM'S BEST INTERESTS TO GIVE US THIS OPTION. Either update the attachment module to allow for such format viewing or provide Full Licensed and Unlocked versions of DocsToGo with the OS on the handsets.

Who's with me? Vote above please.
    06-24-09 03:10 PM
    Bump

Sorry RIM, not letting this one fall away and be hidden.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 11:20 PM
    I'm aboard. More so for native viewing than a full version of docs to go
    06-25-09 09:39 AM
    I'm aboard. More so for native viewing than a full version of docs to go
    Thank you. Yes, I'd want native viewer support as well. Something else they need to think about. They need to expand the integration of that viewer to outside of just the email client. I can't tell you how ticked I am that if I save a file to the media card, I can't view the darn thing using that same viewer conduit. I have to depend upon DocsToGo. Lame!!! The default attachment viewer needs to be branched out into the entire OS, to allow for viewing of downloaded files. I can't believe no one actually sees the current design as "limiting". If BBs are all about "getting things done quickly" they sure have a sadistic irony about it.
    06-26-09 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD