Assuming coverage is equal, I don't care about price or customer service, is there an advantage in technology/speed etc between Verizon and ATT?

I'm currently on ATT but with my soon to be new Z10, I can go with either company. I know previously GSM has it's advantages as far as multitasking....but I don't know about LTE?
    01-18-13 12:55 PM
    Not sure where you are, Winnipeg? or just a fan?

It's my experience VZW has much more coverage, which is to my advantage based on my level of travel. ATT says they have more 4G coverage, but VZW covers more LTE.....

Also, I had an HTC Thunderbolt for two weeks (VZW), and I seem to remember browsing and talking at the same time while on LTE.
    Last edited by SixStringMadness; 01-18-13 at 01:11 PM.
    01-18-13 01:01 PM
    Coverage not being a consideration (Verizon wins), I believe studies rank AT&T's LTE as faster.

Multi-tasking as in calls+browsing doesn't happen over LTE, because carriers are relying on non-LTE networks for voice right now.
    01-18-13 01:08 PM
    It all depends on where you live. LTE isn't even necessarily faster.

Here is a great post about it that proves my point: Who has the fastest 4G or 4G LTE Network where I live? At&t, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless Speedtest - GadgetNerdly

This is Att, T-Mobile and Verizon all with roughly the same bars of signal, and the same identical locations. The results are very surprising and show that you need to test your network where you live and not worry about what the network is doing in other places.
    01-18-13 02:37 PM
    Not sure where you are, Winnipeg? or just a fan?
    Live in the Minneapolis area....grew up in Winnipeg. I believe the coverage differences aren't great enough to make a difference to me.
    01-18-13 04:51 PM
    I always though that att's 4g was really more like 3.5g Verizon's 4g meets the requirements to be called LTE, hence the reason you don't see the term LTE in any att commercials
    01-18-13 05:39 PM
    here are some maps that speak better than I can explain it. Blue = att , red = vzw

att larger 4g coverage

verizon larger LTE coverage
    Attached Thumbnails ATT/Verizon LTE question-4g.jpg   ATT/Verizon LTE question-lte.jpg  
    01-18-13 05:58 PM