Sad thing, people tend to look at spects. Lets keep in mind it is a easy way to compare directly devices. If makes sense, no. Should i prefer a 13 MP Samsung digital camera over a 8 MP Leica digital camera... ?

Now, 13 MP... In a small cmos... With no decent glass in front of the sensor...
    Branta, jakie55 and TomJasper like this.
    12-30-12 05:30 PM
    [QUOTE=Tank1978;7812901[/QUOTE]

Just got off the phone with Thor, he said he'll make your thoughts his priority .
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    12-30-12 05:47 PM
    Megapixels translate to image size, not image quality, so you should factor in a camera’s megapixel count mainly if you plan on making large prints or cropping and enlarging portions of an image.

Now please do tell , what professional photographer is going to use a camera phone for photo shoots, poster sized adverts etc. Geesh!
    12-30-12 05:54 PM
    Sad thing, people tend to look at spects. Lets keep in mind it is a easy way to compare directly devices. If makes sense, no. Should i prefer a 13 MP Samsung digital camera over a 8 MP Leica digital camera... ?

Now, 13 MP... In a small cmos... With no decent glass in front of the sensor...
    Reminds me of Walmart 1000 watt stereo having some singing the praises , yet I can find 100 watt systems that would blow the doors of it easily,lol. All some ppl have been market trained to do is look at watts, yet have no clue to THD, 1watt/one meter etc. Same analogy with mega pixels.
    12-30-12 06:00 PM
    Lol. Tell me how is Nokia doing with that 41 megapixel phone I rest my case!
    As for the camera, they are improving, and while not on the level of a DSLR, they do at least let the amateur have access to a better experience. And if you don't think better specs sell, there are 30-plus million new SIII users who will disagree with a blasted assumption that improvements don't sell, or make for a better user experience. Add that to tbe Galaxy II, Note and Note 2 users, that makes a pretty big swing versus what has stalled in the last year BlackBerry has been re-tooling their OS. Some of those folks will have those devices for another year and a half. Not the tech hungry, just the average users.
    12-30-12 06:38 PM
    Thank God the OP was here to point this out to Thorsten.
    TomJasper, jimpilot and BB_Bmore like this.
    12-30-12 06:57 PM
    wow what a title! I seriously was expecting a wee bit more OP....epic
    12-30-12 07:23 PM
    Lol. Tell me how is Nokia doing with that 41 megapixel phone I rest my case!
    I want a 1024 Megapixel camera and built-in capability to make me appear god-like to all the peons. LOL
    12-30-12 07:42 PM
    Thank God the OP was here to point this out to Thorsten.
    He said he spoke to Thor not Thorsten. I bet the Norse Gods had a good laugh.
    BBPandy likes this.
    12-30-12 07:43 PM
    Here we go again with the specs...just because the numbers are higher does not make it better. This has been proven from multiple phones and camera across the board.
    From what I understand the BB10 Dev Alpha A has a 3MP front facing camera.
    The BB10 Dev Alpha B has an improved 2MP front facing camera.

MP is what sells cameras, but its the sensor that acutally deturmines how good that camera realy is.
    12-30-12 08:20 PM
    Also, I'm not sure why people assume higher pixel count will mean lower quality optics. Assuming similar optics and processors, higher pixel count is better. Let's keep one independent variable in this comparison, not a bunch. Make for a more logical discussion.
    You may want to talk to ANY profesional photographer about this. They will all tell you that Light is the most important thing in photography. Sensor size, Apature, Lens quality, all affect how much light is captured with the image. As a result these are the most important aspects. The image processor & MP are secondary.
    12-30-12 08:30 PM
    Not hard for me to understand that some folks need the latest and greatest specs but I also understand that people will get tired of getting the top speced device only to be out speced 90 days later. I also understand that BlackBerry10 is Blazingly fast on a dual core and all a quad core will do is eat up the battery. I also understand that Apple does quite well selling phones and they are not in a spec race at all because the OS unlike Android is efficient. Windows phone 8 doesn't seem to care about a spec race either as again the OS unlike Android is efficient and doesn't need it. Specs only really matter in the Android world and to a niche group of device nerds who get more turned on by a quad core than they would with Penelope Cruz.

I could be wrong ..and so could Apple and Windows phone and RIM as they have stated they are not in a spec race but rather an experience race...why is this si hard for you to understand? Are you a part of that niche group that I just referred to?

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    If you understood my post you would of known i was talking about people in general. Not myself. Specs sell whether you like it or not. Apple not in the spec race? Wonder why they bother with their "S" products then...
    12-30-12 08:41 PM
    Bingo! Most phone pics end up on social media of some sort, NOT in places where a professional photographer's domain is. Can you imagine a National Geographic photographer ditching $10,000 of equipment because the OP thinks a megapixel number means anything. I suggest the OP buy Nokia's 41 megapixel phone, after all sales are in the toilet so lots of cheapies out there,lol. User experience sells, Z10 X10 will have that locked down pat!
    How many of these people that gripe about the cam specs are actually going to use the cam for purposes other then posting pics on their facebook account? Wow did you see how the pic of that macaroni and cheese that I just ate fifteen minutes ago looked? It would not have looked like this had I only had a 12 megapixel cam!
    12-30-12 09:13 PM
    Did you miss the elephant in the room? MP does not sell the camera, user experience does. Are you familiar with the Nokia 808 with it's 41
    MP camera? It's sales are in the toilet. There is a small group of die hard buyers who buy on specs, the funny thing is sadly most of them have no clue what they are talking about when it comes down to the specs and how those specs work as a whole, they just figure more or a higher number is better.
    From what I understand the BB10 Dev Alpha A has a 3MP front facing camera.
    The BB10 Dev Alpha B has an improved 2MP front facing camera.

MP is what sells cameras, but its the sensor that acutally deturmines how good that camera realy is.
    12-30-12 09:26 PM
    Bingo! Most phone pics end up on social media of some sort, NOT in places where a professional photographer's domain is. Can you imagine a National Geographic photographer ditching $10,000 of equipment because the OP thinks a megapixel number means anything. I suggest the OP buy Nokia's 41 megapixel phone, after all sales are in the toilet so lots of cheapies out there,lol. User experience sells, Z10 X10 will have that locked down pat!
    I know this isn't the norm, but it can happen. A few years ago my sis in law took a pic of a rabbit in a field with her Samsung 7.1mp point and shoot, uploaded it to Flickr, and someone from some magazine contacted her asking if they could use the pic!
    jakie55 likes this.
    12-30-12 09:49 PM
    Hahaha, a lot of jerks in the thread, lol
    12-30-12 09:54 PM
    QNX is the best spec period.
    Prove it. I'm sorry, but the best compared to what?
    12-30-12 10:01 PM
    Don't sweat it. Thorsten will probably use a SG4 when they come out. Just for "research" purposes, of course.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-30-12 10:06 PM
    Compared to micro kernel,monolithic kernel,hybrid kernel. QNX being micro kernel of course.
    Prove it. I'm sorry, but the best compared to what?
    12-30-12 10:10 PM
    You're right there, some people who take pics have a natural knack for composing some great shots. I still have an old Cannon EOS Elan slr kicking around someplace. With a tripod and the right film,settings and lighting conditions I would bet it would shame the some modern digital cameras, whilst taking pics of the Grand Canyon. A few years back 5mp Nikon/Cannon professional cameras were used almost exclusively for major high end photo shoots that filled major magazines around the world. The mp one up games on phones is a joke at best. Phone cameras have their place, just as hand held digital cameras have their place, both are obviously not used by wedding photographers but try explaining that to spec chasers,lol.

Just for fun go dig up some Sports Illustrated from 2001, look at the full page spreads, most done with a Nikon D1x digital camera with 5.47 mp !!
    I know this isn't the norm, but it can happen. A few years ago my sis in law took a pic of a rabbit in a field with her Samsung 7.1mp point and shoot, uploaded it to Flickr, and someone from some magazine contacted her asking if they could use the pic!
    Last edited by TomJasper; 12-30-12 at 10:42 PM.
    12-30-12 10:25 PM
    But it was ONLY 7.1 mp. OH THE HUMANITY.
    12-31-12 02:13 AM
    I use my phone camera for "this is me beside the bus driver" pictures. If I wanted to properly compose pictures for an arts course, or for posters, I would definitely use something different. Not sure that the majority of people buying camera phones are much different.
    12-31-12 02:17 AM
    A little off topic,but apparently my dual core HTC sensation is suffering lag caused by entropy and not a dodgy OS. The 8mp camera is pretty crap too, but mostly down to the software (sense 4). The specs are reasonable for a phone, but the results are pretty crap.

So with a dubious os, poor camera drivers and quantum issues on my current phone, I just need this bb10 phone to work well, regardless of its 'average spec'
    jakie55 likes this.
    12-31-12 04:09 AM
    I'm just gunna go out on a limb here and say that if the z10 came out with a 6 megapixel camera, more then 70% of the BB community would be pretty pissed off. What's good is QNX if you're not using it to its full potential? Or at least I would. It's irritating to see people being like "its a megapixel race", no, ITS WHAT'S SELLING RIGHT NOW. ITS WHAT MAKES MONEY. Why do you think everyone wants Instagram on our BBs so badly? Sheesh, in order for bb10 to go anywhere, it has to strive to be number one, and making up excuses that a "beefed up camera" is not needed, well newsflash, it is.
    12-31-12 04:43 AM
    I'm just gunna go out on a limb here and say that if the z10 came out with a 6 megapixel camera, more then 70% of the BB community would be pretty pissed off. What's good is QNX if you're not using it to its full potential? Or at least I would. It's irritating to see people being like "its a megapixel race", no, ITS WHAT'S SELLING RIGHT NOW. ITS WHAT MAKES MONEY. Why do you think everyone wants Instagram on our BBs so badly? Sheesh, in order for bb10 to go anywhere, it has to strive to be number one, and making up excuses that a "beefed up camera" is not needed, well newsflash, it is.
    yes. but it apparently has an 8mp cam. which is the same as the market leading iphone that just came out. that is sufficient.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    12-31-12 07:08 AM
87 1234