I'm a little confused! I popped in my cousin's ATT SIM in my unlocked rogers bold. He has the ATT blackberry international unlimited data plan. I am in Toronto and put the SIM card in. It started roaming on Rogers network no problem, with FULL BIS functionality. I NEVER had released my PIN on rogers, yet here I was chatting with my friends on BB messenger. And I was receiving my normal push email to my rogers.blackberry.net address. That's weird, I thought that BIS wouldn't even work until I released the PIN from rogers. And to get rogers.blackberry.net email pushed to device, I thought that was weird also. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks.
    01-13-09 12:02 AM
    Your email service books are still on the phone. You are just running on his At&t provisioning service books. You would only release the pin if say you sold him the phone so your email would no longer go to that phone and he could then set up his own on it. Make sense?
    01-13-09 12:08 AM
    ahhhh...it does make sense...since i'm not selling the phone and would like to keep my rogers.blackberry.net, this means i just leave it as is, and when i'm travelling all over I'll get my push email just fine (to rogers address)...and will be no problems with bb msgr also right?
    01-13-09 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD