I know this question has been asked a million times but i have yet to find a definitive answer!! I currently have a BB data plan but am anticipating a layoff, when i do get laid off the first thing to go is the data plan!! Is there a way to access the web using wifi only through my home or school network?? Im currently with att and have a curve 8320. Thanks in advance for the help and hopefuly someone can clear this up for me!!
    05-06-09 10:39 AM
    yes u can use ur browser through wifi only, no data plan needed. however many apps dont work through wifi
    05-06-09 04:26 PM
    I could be wrong but I believe on ATT you must have a data plan for Wifi to run data.
    05-06-09 04:34 PM
    Thats what i was worried about!! If anybody knows a way around this please let me know!! Thanks for the quick response by the way!!
    05-06-09 06:16 PM
    My son-in-law has in iPhone with no data plan. He successfully uses it's WiFi at his place of work, his home, my house and anywhere there is free WiFi. I would post on the AT&T sire or call them.
    05-07-09 09:20 AM
    Phones with wifi capabilities run on stand alone networks, as long as the phone can search an open hotspot. You can have a wifi BB without a dataplan. But as stated above not all applications run on wifi as certain apps run on btoh and others run purely on your carriers data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 10:17 PM
    My phone can find and connect to my home and school network but will not connect to the internt afterwards does anybody know the proper settings to make this possible?
    05-08-09 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD