You left out the Onyx?
    Onyx isn't coming out for Verizon.

@Radio: It wasn't meant to be in chronological order. Just know that both would come before 8930.
    07-06-09 08:00 AM
    No worries. I mostly lurk, but I throw out stuff when I feel the urge lol
    Well you are the man
    07-06-09 08:00 AM
    Sweet info guys, er I mean Experts! So, we have the release order as of today as Tour, then Storm 2, then 8530, then 8930, and then ???
    Care to take some shots at release dates?
    07-06-09 08:21 AM
    Well you are the man
    Is the Storm 2 going to be exclusive to VZW or should we expect some kind of spin-off for the GSM bunch?
    07-06-09 10:01 AM
    Is the Storm 2 going to be exclusive to VZW or should we expect some kind of spin-off for the GSM bunch?
    Look at how many carriers carry the original Storm. Do you think just one carrier will carry it and that's it?
    07-06-09 11:12 AM
    Look at how many carriers carry the original Storm. Do you think just one carrier will carry it and that's it?
    Well within the US it was just VZW.
    07-06-09 11:18 AM
    just waiting
    07-06-09 02:55 PM
    I know that there are a number of carriers for the Storm worldwide. In the U.S., should we expect that the Storm 2 will be an exclusive to Verizon again? Or was the exclusive agreement limited to the first edition?
    07-06-09 07:10 PM
    Well within the US it was just VZW.
    Hmm, I'm not sure. I believe VZW is the only carrier in the US that will get the CDMA Version in the US.
    07-06-09 08:16 PM
    Is there even any proof that the 8930 will exist?

I'm pretty convinced that the 9630 is a combination of the bold and 8900 and that is all there will be for this generation of of BBs on CDMA.

I kind of hope I'm wrong because I like the form factor of the 8900, but that's what it seems like.
    07-06-09 08:28 PM
    Is there even any proof that the 8930 will exist
    I have the same question. I've never heard about it until I read a couple of posts here. I'm guessing the Storm 2, Onyx, and Gemini will be released in time for the holiday season but I'm not too sure about the 8930 .. or if it exists for that matter.
    07-06-09 09:06 PM
    Hmm, I'm not sure. I believe VZW is the only carrier in the US that will get the CDMA Version in the US.
    Yes that is right. I forgot about the 9520 that would be going to GSM carriers. Storm 2's development began as a CDMA device right? So that would make it Verizon bound first. I mean it wouldn't be right for the Storm 2 to launch on AT&T or another GSM carrier before VZW.
    07-06-09 09:18 PM
    Yes that is right. I forgot about the 9520 that would be going to GSM carriers. Storm 2's development began as a CDMA device right? So that would make it Verizon bound first. I mean it wouldn't be right for the Storm 2 to launch on AT&T or another GSM carrier before VZW.
    Well I know that you won't see the Storm 2 from VZW on Sprint.
    07-08-09 03:25 PM
    I think that we can safely say now that the Atlas is in fact a Tour with WiFi.

FierceWireless.com reported today that Jeff Clemow, Sprint's Director of Business Product Marketing said that Sprint Nextel will release an updated version of the BlackBerry Tour (Atlas?) that will include WiFi. "Sprint is embracing WiFi in all its major devices going forward".
    07-09-09 09:22 PM
    07-09-09 09:23 PM
    Good find Scott, but the link is dead...

Sprint's BlackBerry Tour to sprout WiFi next year - FierceWireless

Thought this was telling...

Verizon Wireless declined to discuss its plans for the WiFi-capable Tour. "In terms of the BlackBerry Tour, I won't speak to that specific device but we are certainly working with RIM to be able to offer WiFi on future BlackBerry smartphones," said Verizon Wireless spokeswoman Brenda Boyd Raney, adding that the carrier currently offers a range of smartphones that include WiFi functions.
    Last edited by ediggity; 07-09-09 at 10:40 PM.
    07-09-09 10:36 PM
166 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD