Filed the claim on September 21st, still no phone as of today. Courier lost the 1st one and the second one is sitting at the depot, tried to get Asurion to help get the courier "motivated", basically told me to call them my self. I realize that they are not the courier, but they could have offered some assistance.
    When I add up the premiums, the deductable, and the new case, I could have just about bought a new one and had it the same day, or bought a used unlocked one for about 2/3's of the total price and still had it within a week.
    They are an insurance company so it's buyer beware!
    10-04-10 06:48 PM
    Dude, what were you thinking. ALL INSURANCE is a ripoff. I have never insured a
    phone and never will. My 9800 dies I pay Wirefly or LetsTalk less than $10 for
    a new one.

Pearl 8100 - $29
    Curve 8310 - $75
    Bold 9000 - free
    Curve 8900 - $7
    Bold 9700 - free
    Torch 9800 - FREE (warranty exchange)
    10-04-10 07:50 PM
    Sorry to read about your disappointing experience. I've had good luck with Asurion. I've had one phone (not a BlackBerry) and two usb modems replaced so far, fast (essentially overnight) and with no problems. But I had the Sprint service center handle it, so maybe that's the key.
    Last edited by T�nis; 10-04-10 at 08:58 PM.
    10-04-10 08:54 PM
    I didn't have a problem with Asurion either. I used them about 2 months ago when my 15yr old daughter dropped hers and it broke in half. Went to the website, filed a claim and had another phone in hand the next day. I'm pretty sure its going to depend on how the carriers in the area handle the packages. Some may be in a rush or overlook something. In all honesty though the insurance company calling the carrier isn't going to do much. Asurion did their part and fulfilled your request. You should be upset at the carrier.
    10-05-10 09:01 AM
    I have been dealing with an issue and from what I've experienced...I would definitely go thru sprint or whoever your provider is and let them file the claim.

Dude, what were you thinking. ALL INSURANCE is a ripoff. I have never insured a
    phone and never will. My 9800 dies I pay Wirefly or LetsTalk less than $10 for
    a new one.

Pearl 8100 - $29
    Curve 8310 - $75
    Bold 9000 - free
    Curve 8900 - $7
    Bold 9700 - free
    Torch 9800 - FREE (warranty exchange)
    Could you explain how this works, and how you manage this? I'm just really curious because I'm tempted to cancel my insurance and was wondering what my options would be. (I was thinking my only option would be to buy new phone at retail price or going to ebay) But your post has made me wonder if there are other options.
    10-05-10 09:49 AM
    Filed the claim on September 21st, still no phone as of today. Courier lost the 1st one and the second one is sitting at the depot, tried to get Asurion to help get the courier "motivated", basically told me to call them my self. I realize that they are not the courier, but they could have offered some assistance.
    When I add up the premiums, the deductable, and the new case, I could have just about bought a new one and had it the same day, or bought a used unlocked one for about 2/3's of the total price and still had it within a week.
    So let me get this straight: you are complaining about Asurion INSTEAD OF the courier. Is that right? hmmm....
    10-05-10 10:45 AM
    Buyer beware of what? Asurion did their part - they replaced the phone as required. What would you like them to do to get the courier "motivated"? They have no responsibility for contacting the courier on your behalf.
    10-05-10 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD