does anyone know if asurion is out of stock on the bb tour? I have sprint and i believe they use asurion like all wireless carriers. My trackball is being funky yet again, and would like to see if i can upgrade to the bold as replacement.

Thanks!
    12-16-10 10:29 AM
    Out of stock? What do you ask this? Are you wanting something other than a Tour?
    12-16-10 10:33 AM
    i had to replace my tour back in August for another tour and i was told that sprint would not replace tours with bolds until their stock of tours were out. Well it's been 6 months and and heard a couple people stating they received bolds instead of tours (mostly with verizon). So i am curious if i would stand a chance to get a bold as replacement
    12-16-10 10:45 AM
    Just keep getting replacements until they run out. Yeah, it's a pain, but might as well go for the gusto.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-10 11:20 AM
    does anyone know if asurion is out of stock on the bb tour? I have sprint and i believe they use asurion like all wireless carriers. My trackball is being funky yet again, and would like to see if i can upgrade to the bold as replacement.

Thanks!
    Asurion is for insurance claims. Not warranty
    12-16-10 11:22 AM
    Asurion is for insurance claims. Not warranty
    i wonder why sprint clearly stated Asurion when they sent me 2 tours at 2 different times. I didn't and still dont have TEP so was was replaced twice through the factory RIM 1 year warranty. With that, they said i can only get 3 replacements!!!! Now does that mean 3 replacements through the warranty or were they talking about TEP?
    12-16-10 11:30 AM
    i wonder why sprint clearly stated Asurion when they sent me 2 tours at 2 different times. I didn't and still dont have TEP so was was replaced twice through the factory RIM 1 year warranty. With that, they said i can only get 3 replacements!!!! Now does that mean 3 replacements through the warranty or were they talking about TEP?
    maybe Sprint uses Asurion for warranty too. I'm not too familiar with Sprints procedures so it could be possible
    12-16-10 11:36 AM
    I was forced into a 9300 because they say they no longer do replacements of the 8900. I had them send me 4 different phones and they all were lesser and lesser models. They say they're no longer in production, but I can still buy and get a new one from AT&T. I know they may be depleting the inventory, but I don't believe that they can't get or refurbish them. That really pissed me off with them because I bought my 8900 specifically for the screen yet they refused to issue me a replacement which I considered to be "of like make and model". If I had the 85xx or the 83xx, it would've been a suitable replacement, but since I had an 8900, which is basically a bold 2G, they wouldn't give it to me since it had the name "Curve" on it.
    12-16-10 11:59 AM
    It's hard to tell when and where asurion gets its replacements from. I've had friends that used insurance at roughly the same (within a month of each other) and 1 got a tour and 1 got a bold.. they both had tours with trackball issues. Hold out for that bold buddy,
    12-16-10 02:04 PM
    Just keep getting replacements until they run out. Yeah, it's a pain, but might as well go for the gusto.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Asurion charges a deductible for every replacement. If you listen to ppl like Berger, you might as well just buy a Bold, because by the time you get the Bold as a replacement, you'd have paid out the same amount or more. No offense, BergerKing
    12-16-10 02:12 PM
    Asurion charges a deductible for every replacement. If you listen to ppl like Berger, you might as well just buy a Bold, because by the time you get the Bold as a replacement, you'd have paid out the same amount or more. No offense, BergerKing
    They sent me 3 phones and I only paid a single $50 insurance claim fee.
    12-16-10 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD