There have been multiple articles in the media about government departments and corporations dropping BB for iPhone or Android over the past year. I wonder will we see stories about companies who are adopting BB10 or will that not be considered news worthy. A couple posters here have already mentioned on the forum their companies are making the upgrade.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-11-13 01:07 PM
    What I think will happen or what I want to happen?

I think they won't care, but I hope I'm wrong. My guess is, even if a lot of companies move to BB10 they'll try to downplay it because "it doesn't matter".
    02-11-13 01:12 PM
    BBRY: ‘Solid Demand’ for Z10, Says Jefferies; Margins Can Rise, Says Wells - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

Misek ...
    Since then we believe hundreds of additional enterprises have downloaded the BES 10 server software and that overall 20% of the Fortune 500 are in trials
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    02-11-13 02:54 PM
    What happened to the other 80% then? Are they keeping their BB7 devices?
    02-12-13 03:24 AM
    What I think will happen or what I want to happen?

I think they won't care, but I hope I'm wrong. My guess is, even if a lot of companies move to BB10 they'll try to downplay it because "it doesn't matter".
    Each time it happens, you'll hear about it for sure. BB will make sure of that, if they have to hire people with megaphones to walk the streets. We will have to wait and see if it does. Definitely a big danger zone/time for BB.
    02-12-13 03:34 AM
    SAP noted they have ordered 16,000 BB10s and will deploy BES10
    02-12-13 05:34 AM
    Each time it happens, you'll hear about it for sure. BB will make sure of that, if they have to hire people with megaphones to walk the streets. We will have to wait and see if it does. Definitely a big danger zone/time for BB.
    BlackBerry has never outed their customers in the past! I'm not so sure they will now! That's an apple ploy!
    02-12-13 05:35 AM
    It definitely seems like there are things Blackberry can do help themselves. . .every time a story about a company dropping BB hits a Blackberry rep should be flying out with a load of z10s to "save the day" . . .I just don't understand . . .is it really cheaper to ditch the BES infrastructure you've had for years???
    02-12-13 05:41 AM
    . . .is it really cheaper to ditch the BES infrastructure you've had for years???
    Many companies already have ActiveSync and Mobile Device Management in place. There is a cost to going to Bes10 which may not be in line with corporate plans. Since (although I heard something yesterday about an Airwatch future version) BB10 devices can't be managed by third party MDM (Airwatch, Good, MobileIron, Boxtone) then companies may decide it is time to cut the cord.
    02-12-13 05:47 AM
    The bears are roaring again, home depot is regurgitated old news BES10 Will carry significant marketshare, not to worry!
    02-12-13 06:17 AM
    The bears are roaring again, home depot is regurgitated old news BES10 Will carry significant marketshare, not to worry!
    According to who?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    02-12-13 07:11 AM
    SAP noted they have ordered 16,000 BB10s and will deploy BES10
    S&P or SAP? If SAP, what is SAP?
    02-12-13 09:02 AM
    02-12-13 09:08 AM
    Many companies already have ActiveSync and Mobile Device Management in place. There is a cost to going to Bes10 which may not be in line with corporate plans. Since (although I heard something yesterday about an Airwatch future version) BB10 devices can't be managed by third party MDM (Airwatch, Good, MobileIron, Boxtone) then companies may decide it is time to cut the cord.
    Wrong. MobileIron just announced support for BB10, expect others to follow.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    02-12-13 09:08 AM
    S&P or SAP? If SAP, what is SAP?
    It's a software company. They've long been cozy with RIM, even "partnering" with RIM. I hadn't heard about this announcement but it doesn't suprise me. They were early adopters of the PB as well....they had several thousand ipads, but brought in a few hundred PB's with the hope of transitioning slowly over....I don't think it went too well...haha.

As to Dapper.....you just said that RIM never "outs" (whatever that means....I don't think Apple or anyone else announces contract wins against the other parties will! LOL) partners, then proudly proclaim a deal with SAP! You're in a different reality if you think RIM doesn't try to market wins...they haven't had much to crow about lately, but it isn't hard to find examples:

Sun Life, ING unit pick RIM’s PlayBook | Toronto Star

RIM 'Connects' with Microsoft, Symbian - InternetNews.

RIM wins contract to manage security for Canadian mobile payments scheme

All corporations do this....it ISN"T an APPLE ploy. (rolls eyes)
    02-12-13 09:12 AM
    Wrong. MobileIron just announced support for BB10, expect others to follow.
    Note that less than one month ago, BlackBerry Sales rep. were in my office and told us that BB 10 would NOT be supported by third party MDMs. Were they lying, misinformed or just plain had no clue.

BTW - third party MDM support is another nail in the coffin for BES.
    02-12-13 09:14 AM
    There have been multiple articles in the media about government departments and corporations dropping BB for iPhone or Android over the past year. I wonder will we see stories about companies who are adopting BB10 or will that not be considered news worthy. A couple posters here have already mentioned on the forum their companies are making the upgrade.
    Probably not for a while in any volume. Companies often take *FOREVER* to assess, test, and roll out. The Home Depot thing that made the news yesterday was probably in the works for months or years.

BlackBerry 10 is still new. Even if enterprises were testing early, the cycle to roll-out might go well over a year.
    richardat likes this.
    02-12-13 09:17 AM
    Note that less than one month ago, BlackBerry Sales rep. were in my office and told us that BB 10 would NOT be supported by third party MDMs. Were they lying, misinformed or just plain had no clue.

BTW - third party MDM support is another nail in the coffin for BES.
    Interesting.....as you say....either lying or caught very unawares! It is also an interesting move....one wonders what the thinking is behind closed doors of both companies.....curse or blessing....or what's the ratio between the two?
    02-12-13 09:33 AM
    It's a software company. They've long been cozy with RIM, even "partnering" with RIM. I hadn't heard about this announcement but it doesn't suprise me. They were early adopters of the PB as well....they had several thousand ipads, but brought in a few hundred PB's with the hope of transitioning slowly over....I don't think it went too well...haha.

As to Dapper.....you just said that RIM never "outs" (whatever that means....I don't think Apple or anyone else announces contract wins against the other parties will! LOL) partners, then proudly proclaim a deal with SAP! You're in a different reality if you think RIM doesn't try to market wins...they haven't had much to crow about lately, but it isn't hard to find examples:

Sun Life, ING unit pick RIM’s PlayBook | Toronto Star

RIM 'Connects' with Microsoft, Symbian - InternetNews.

RIM wins contract to manage security for Canadian mobile payments scheme

All corporations do this....it ISN"T an APPLE ploy. (rolls eyes)
    As stated it was SAP that claimed they were upgrading their entire fleet of 16,000 BlackBerry and adopting BES10! Not BlackBerry!
    Jonesy1966 likes this.
    02-12-13 09:57 AM
    I don't think you are going to see a lot of corporate, and definitely not much if any government adoption until after the BES 10 update scheduled for may. It states clearly on the BES10 website that advanced BB10 management feature will not be available until that May update. Government and Corporations are going to need those advanced management features to lock down BB10 like they could with BBOS.
    02-12-13 10:19 AM
    the phone is barely out in the States yet!
    02-12-13 10:44 AM
    As stated it was SAP that claimed they were upgrading their entire fleet of 16,000 BlackBerry and adopting BES10! Not BlackBerry!
    sigh......you don't know how corporate communications work do you?

Well...one can certainly see why SAP would be the one to want to trumpet this; it will SURELY help their sales immensely!
    02-12-13 10:47 AM
    sigh......you don't know how corporate communications work do you?

Well...one can certainly see why SAP would be the one to want to trumpet this; it will SURELY help their sales immensely!
    Well one can certainly see a SIMPLE antagonist when one looks.
    02-12-13 08:35 PM
    The company I work for has already gone with AirWatch. I'm looking to upgrade to BB10 but currently AirWatch doesn't support the new BBOS. You mentioned you've heard something...upcoming support for BB10 perhaps? Any insight you can share?
    02-18-13 03:18 PM