Today this was in our email at work. Apparently my boss knows me well lol

http://www.hrcapitalist.com/2008/09/blackberries-in.html

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-08 12:38 PM
    What's the article about?
    09-30-08 12:43 PM
    lol well at least there is something official we can talk about.

What's the article about?

Umm read it bro.. it's pretty good.
    09-30-08 12:44 PM
    lol great article
    09-30-08 12:49 PM
    This is a great article. I just received a email from a friend on it. I love my BB but I can't see myself bringing my BB into the bedroom. I have to give him his time I can deal with the BB after I put him to sleep.
    09-30-08 12:54 PM
    This is the article..

Blackberries in the Bedroom - You've Lost That Loving Feeling...
    It's official. You're addicted and need to find a methadone clinic somewhere nearby. Sheraton Hotels recently commissioned a study conducted by Study logic, who surveyed 6500 workplace professionals via phone with an individual income of $50K+, 2+ business trips per year and a Blackberry or mobile email device. Five countries were surveyed, including the U.S. (1,500 respondents), China, Australia, the United Kingdom and Germany.

It's notable because it shows just how far you have fallen, my friend. Me? I'm judging you right now, not the other way around, so let's focus on YOU.

From the Sheraton study:

Most Folks Bring PDA�s into the Bedroom; 35% Pick their PDA Over their Spouse

Just how technology-addicted is our society? A whopping 87% of professionals bring their PDA into the bedroom and, in a potentially related finding, more than one-third of folks surveyed (35%) say if forced to choose, they�d pick their PDA over their spouse! The vast majority of people (84%) also say they check their PDA�s just before going to bed and as soon as they wake up, 85% say they sneak a peak at their PDA in the middle of the night and 80% say they check their email before morning coffee.

The Majority Love their PDA; Say New Technology Means More Time with Family

The Sheraton survey also revealed that, although we�re working harder and new technology means we�re never truly off the clock, it also enables us to spend more time away from the office and with family and friends. The days of being chained to a desk are over: 85% say that PDA�s and cell phones allow them to spend more time out of the office and 79% feel they can be just as productive outside of the office as opposed to inside. Most people feel that technology gives them more quality time and flexibility with family and friends (84%), 77% say their PDA helps them enjoy life more and 62% love their PDA.

New Tech Makes Business Travel Seamless and Easier to Stay Connected to Home

Sheraton commissioned the work-life study to launch a new signature offering: �Link@Sheraton experienced with Microsoft,� a unique lobby lounge that enables guests to stay connected, work and socialize through free Wi-Fi and Internet-enabled computer stations, video-chats, televisions and daily newspapers. The vast majority of professionals surveyed (88%) say new technology makes business travel easier or more seamless and 85% say new technology helps them stay better connected to family and friends when traveling on business.

Ok, now we can talk about me. The blackberry is and will be in the bedroom, but only if we're watching TV for an hour before getting some shut-eye. On a serious note, the fact that the blackberry makes it easier to get to our kids' games, recitals, or whatever you feel is important is worth the intrusion. Except for that "picking your PDA over your spouse stuff" in the study.

Of course, we want our spouse and the blackberry! Why choose?

09-30-08 12:58 PM
    This is a great article. I love my BB but I can't see myself bringing my BB into the bedroom. I have to give him his time I can deal with the BB after I put him to sleep.
    I know that's right!! I agree!!
    09-30-08 01:00 PM
    lol well at least there is something official we can talk about.

Umm read it bro.. it's pretty good.
    I was trying to make the point that the post gave no clue as to what the article was about. Just a link, and no reason as to why it should be read.
    09-30-08 01:05 PM
    I was trying to make the point that the post gave no clue as to what the article was about. Just a link, and no reason as to why it should be read.

Well he fooled me lol, I copied and pasted it.... anything blackberry I will read...

But i do agree the description was very vague, with even nothing at all....
    09-30-08 01:07 PM
    Old news.. This was posted a week or so ago.
    09-30-08 01:13 PM
    As a rule whenever on a forum; I never click on links without descriptions. I never click on a link without hovering over it, to see where it leads.

09-30-08 01:19 PM
    Nice article, i agree with the last paragraph: BB is very important for the office and communications, but it�ll never be the firs pick if the other option is my wife or family.
    09-30-08 01:25 PM
    I sent it because I thought it was funny and becuase my company sent it to us. I would have copied and pasted but am not proficient at doing that via th bb yet. Thought some might enjoy it no big deal.

09-30-08 01:59 PM
    I'm a single father of 3 and my ex and I have joint custody. When they visit their mom, I have my BB charging on the nightstand right next to my bed with the ringer volume on high (in case theirs an emergency call). When I have the kids, I leave it on the coffee table in the living room at night.
    09-30-08 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD