Interesting article on the boost of web traffic coming from Z10's following the launch on Verizon.

Verizon Is the New BlackBerry's Best Friend - NYTimes.com
    04-16-13 06:40 PM
    Interesting article....
    04-16-13 07:03 PM
    Interesting. Time to turn on Private browsing?

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-16-13 07:06 PM
    Very interesting
    04-16-13 09:02 PM
    Interesting. Time to turn on Private browsing?

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    Way to Late
    04-16-13 09:30 PM
    Interesting article on the boost of web traffic coming from Z10's following the launch on Verizon.

Verizon Is the New BlackBerry's Best Friend - NYTimes.com
    Ok, let me try to deduce something.
    Given Canadian Z10 traffic was ~2.5% of all N.A. BB traffic after February and March months..
    Given N.A. Z10 traffic was double that (~5% of all BB traffic) after a few days of Verizon launch..

We can deduce that yes, Verizon is selling a lot more Z10 than TMO and ATT (usage went up from ~2.9% to over 5%)
    We can also forward project Verizon numbers to match Canadian sample of 2 months (2 weeks x 4 = 2 months)

SO.. assuming, Canadians and Americans have similar browsing habits, it follows that US Sales are around 4x Canadian sales. Canadian sales are known to be excellent but American population is 10X that of Canada.

So we can deduce that american sales per capita are almost half the excellent sales of Canada per capita. Which is awesome!!
    vagos2006 and Geeoff like this.
    04-16-13 10:47 PM
    You should hear multiple clicks when the back is closing.http://htcf.info/13.jpg
    You registered to post this 9 times? Can someone take out the trash?
    04-16-13 10:51 PM
    Given Canadian Z10 traffic was ~2.5% of all N.A. BB traffic after February and March months..
    Given N.A. Z10 traffic was double that (~5% of all BB traffic) after a few days of Verizon launch..

We can deduce that yes, Verizon is selling a lot more Z10 than TMO and ATT (usage went up from ~2.9% to over 5%)
    We can also forward project Verizon numbers to match Canadian sample of 2 months (2 weeks x 4 = 2 months)

SO.. assuming, Canadians and Americans have similar browsing habits, it follows that US Sales are around 4x Canadian sales. Canadian sales are known to be excellent but American population is 10X that of USA.

So we can deduce that american sales per capita are almost half the excellent sales of Canada per capita. Which is awesome!!
    Interesting analogy on the numbers. This is looking good for the z10.

Posted via CB10 from my Awesome Z10
    04-16-13 10:53 PM
    What makes this impressive is the Dec 2012 starting line for Blackberry.
    Mobile Manufacturer Market Share, December 2012 Update | Chitika Online Advertising Network.
    jxnb likes this.
    04-16-13 11:21 PM
    Thx, icedk, for posting this link. I poked around the site and found this page with more detailed chart and story: Two Weeks Following U.S. Debut, BlackBerry Z10 Users Generate 5.3% of all North American BlackBerry Traffic | Chitika Online Advertising Network Here is a noteworthy detail: "The launch of the smartphone on Verizon (Day 51) also coincided with the Z10’s largest sustained jump in usage share."
    04-17-13 04:47 AM
    The keys to that article:

Chitika’s system can only measure the number of Web pages viewed through particular smartphone models and operating systems, making it impossible to estimate accurately the number of Z10 handsets now being used in North America.

I wonder which phones it can't track???
    04-17-13 07:07 AM
    I wonder what sites use Chitika . Also recently someone on the forum mentioned that the BB browser shows up as Apple yet Chitika is able to see it differently?
    04-17-13 08:08 AM
    Interesting.

More good news to come soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 10:50 AM
    I wonder what sites use Chitika . Also recently someone on the forum mentioned that the BB browser shows up as Apple yet Chitika is able to see it differently?
    That was a couple years ago, I think if I remember correctly, it's the PB browser.
    04-19-13 07:19 PM
    Not impressed with Verizon (wireless in states). Have been a BB user for almost 10 years; company regularly updates phone we can use when prior contract runs out. With 6 months to go on a BB Bold, I asked to update to BB10.
    "NO- must wait until October; or pay full freight for new phone". I offered to pay some "in between price" since there was time left on the contract, and surely Verizon would want to see some BB10 converts. "No" again. Will leave Verizon as soon as I can.
    04-21-13 08:36 AM

SO.. assuming, Canadians and Americans have similar browsing habits, it follows that US Sales are around 4x Canadian sales. Canadian sales are known to be excellent but American population is 10X that of Canada.

The bump in web traffic post Verizon releasing the Z10 is a positive development, but let's not go too far - web traffic does not equal sales.
    04-21-13 03:06 PM