This was taken from an interview with Sunil Dutt, Managing Director, RIM India. The reference to three new models was not a direct quote however.

The company will come out with new models in qwerty, hybrid (qwerty plus touch) and fully touch by end of December. To retain its share in the enterprise segment, RIM is targeting SMBs for its BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) Express. These services are priced affordably and apps are bundled free with the device to get small businesses on the BlackBerry bandwagon. �We also have refreshed our brand positioning recently in terms of �action starts here�. It was started from India and the results are good. Some of the countries like Thailand have started after that,� Dutt said.
    Complete article:

Business Line : Industry & Economy / Info-tech : Struggling BlackBerry maker gets smarter to stay in the race
    Stewartj1 and sahil123 like this.
    09-20-12 03:32 PM
    Not sure how accurate this is...the statement about them being released by the end of December.

But IMHO I always believed it would be released before 2013. The leaks coming through are really showing that the hardware is complete and the OS was 99% complete in august...I have to assume they are complete if not .1% away from being complete in the software side of things now and in the next month. With DevCon Americas coming up next week, I honestly think they will demo BB10...and at the end of November announce BB10 devices to start shipping some date in December...I have said this before and I am sticking to that! BB10 is nearly complete! we will see it soon!
    09-20-12 03:43 PM
    But IMHO I always believed it would be released before 2013. The leaks coming through are really showing that the hardware is complete and the OS was 99% complete in august...I have to assume they are complete if not .1% away from being complete in the software side of things now and in the next month. With DevCon Americas coming up next week, I honestly think they will demo BB10...and at the end of November announce BB10 devices to start shipping some date in December...I have said this before and I am sticking to that! BB10 is nearly complete! we will see it soon!
    Im with you. Im waiting for a big surprise any day now. Whether it's during the Jam Americas or after, I feel that they are keeping quiet (which is a good thing - less slipping of features) to hit people by surprise.

We both could be EXTREMELY optimistic here but it's all good.
    09-20-12 03:51 PM
    Not sure how accurate this is...the statement about them being released by the end of December.

maybe not fulyl released but possibly unvailed for a new year release.

someone wasy talking about a rep saying the Blade like device will be released, we all said they were crazy but its possibly true with this news, that makes things so much better for me, i was looking at the full touch but also want a keyboard and was wishign BB10 would launch with a slider so if it does BOYAA TO YOUR GRAMMA!!!!

as far as the release Thor stated that the OS integration was taking longer then they expected, i never doubted the hardware wouldn't be ready, hardware is pretty simple, just look at the android devices and their turn around obsolete rate, every 6 month your bomb top of the line droid becomes a thing of the past, the software and OS integration take the longest so BB10 just wasn't ready and if released early would probably have to many bugs
    Last edited by GTiLeo; 09-20-12 at 04:03 PM.
    09-20-12 03:59 PM
    That reads to me that three BB07 devices will be released in India before December - look at the placement of the statement relative to the discussion of both bb10 and bb7. I doubt they will even be that new, simply refreshes of existing designs.

Even if they could get bb10 out for december, it is highly unlikely india would be a launch country.
    09-20-12 04:10 PM
    That reads to me that three BB07 devices will be released in India before December - look at the placement of the statement relative to the discussion of both bb10 and bb7. I doubt they will even be that new, simply refreshes of existing designs.

Even if they could get bb10 out for december, it is highly unlikely india would be a launch country.

Given that the whole BB7 portfolio has already been released, it is highly unlikely that we will be seeing 3 more BB7 devices. And since BB10 is scheduled for January 2013, I think BB7 portfolio is complete.
    09-20-12 06:11 PM

Even if they could get bb10 out for December, it is highly unlikely India would be a launch country.
    You know better than that! India was a part of the world wide roll out of BB7 a year ago and will be a part of the next world wide roll out of BB10.
    I'm not saying that December is accurate but the person writhing this story has reason to believe so.
    A few clues recently are pointing in the right direction. This would be a fantastic shot in the arm for RIM!! heres hopping that its true.
    09-20-12 06:27 PM

Oh well RIM has clearly stated they will be doing a worldwide launch of BB10...250 countries (or carrier i forget). That means BB10 will launch everywhere at the same time!! So yes, India would get it at the initial launch
    09-20-12 06:43 PM
    From the quote, "... three models in qwerty, hybrid (qwerty plus touch) and fully touch ...by December ". Seriously that was a dead give-away that those are not BB10 phones.

I understand people here are eager to see BB10 release, and are fine with making up evidence as they see fit, but it is really blatantly obvious that those three models are not BB10. A synchronous launch means all carriers have to be aligned and it is very unlikely that Verizon and ATT will want anything launch after Thanksgiving. Launching early in a low impact market will hurt RIMs momentum here in North America where they will need concerted effort.
    aminrajabi and richardat like this.
    09-20-12 07:19 PM
    From the quote, "... three models in qwerty, hybrid (qwerty plus touch) and fully touch ...by December ". Seriously that was a dead give-away that those are not BB10 phones.

I understand people here are eager to see BB10 release, and are fine with making up evidence as they see fit, but it is really blatantly obvious that those three models are not BB10. A synchronous launch means all carriers have to be aligned and it is very unlikely that Verizon and ATT will want anything launch after Thanksgiving. Launching early in a low impact market will hurt RIMs momentum here in North America where they will need concerted effort.
    Point taken.
    India already has the three exsisting qwerty, hybrid + touch that are out. I can tell you for a fact they are not getting any new ones until BB10! Fact!
    09-21-12 12:49 AM
    Point taken.
    India already has the three exsisting qwerty, hybrid + touch that are out. I can tell you for a fact they are not getting any new ones until BB10! Fact!
    I think you are getting a bit carried away with what 'new' means - within the mobile sector it is used interchangeable with 'variation' - it could mean as little as a new colour.
    09-21-12 02:03 AM
    Oh well RIM has clearly stated they will be doing a worldwide launch of BB10...250 countries (or carrier i forget). That means BB10 will launch everywhere at the same time!! So yes, India would get it at the initial launch
    There is no way that BB10 is launching on either 250 carriers or in 250 countries at the same time - that is fantasy.
    09-21-12 02:06 AM
    I think the journalist might have misrepresented when the release of the devices will be and possibly the number.

Either way RIM has publicy stated a Q1 2013 release of a full touch followed shortly by a qwerty version, of which there will be 3 types of each.

We laugh at the media misrepresenting things all the time, I dont see any reason to think this time is different
    09-21-12 03:58 AM
    I think the journalist might have misrepresented when the release of the devices will be and possibly the number.

Either way RIM has publicy stated a Q1 2013 release of a full touch followed shortly by a qwerty version, of which there will be 3 types of each.

We laugh at the media misrepresenting things all the time, I dont see any reason to think this time is different
    I think the journalist is perfectly clear when that quote is read in context - just people here are seeing something that doesn't exist (December launch of three BB10 deviceS).
    richardat likes this.
    09-21-12 04:00 AM
    There is no way that BB10 is launching on either 250 carriers or in 250 countries at the same time - that is fantasy.
    Didn't I read something like "Europe First" ?
    kdna likes this.
    09-21-12 04:52 AM
    Didn't I read something like "Europe First" ?

I think the term Hans used was "Selected markets" - that has got to include USA, France, Germany, UK and Italy (I believe BB sales are still very strong in Italy).
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-21-12 05:05 AM
    BlackBerryOS.com - Exclusive: Leaked BlackBerry 10 2013 Roadmap
    Before we go into what the roadmap is showing us, we were also told that RIM will be launching BlackBerry 10 in Europe 3-4 weeks prior to launching BlackBerry 10 in North America. Don't worry though, both launches will still take place in Q1. The BlackBerry 10 Europe launch is suppose to take place within the first week of January, while the North American launch to follow in the first week of February. The reason behind this, is because the European markets and media outlets have been better receptive to BlackBerry than the "doom and gloom" repetitive bull of the North American media outlets. RIM has also had much better success with BlackBerry in general in these other markets. This should give the global market more time to become accustomed to BlackBerry 10 and create the hype it needs to make it's way to the shelves of N. America and elsewhere.
    and this leads me to ...

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...bruary-745970/
    09-21-12 05:55 AM

Why is it highly unlikely that India would be the launch country? Consider this, I had the 9900 the same evening that Kevin put up his unboxing video on CB. India had the 9900 a good two months before it was seen in USA.
    And from the indications I'm getting from the retailers and distributors, India will be the launch country for BB10. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if the rumours come out to be true.
    Only time will tell.
    09-21-12 06:11 AM
    I would think Canada would be among the first nations to get BB10, just like with the Playbook LTE.
    09-21-12 06:39 AM

I think the term Hans used was "Selected markets" - that has got to include USA, France, Germany, UK and Italy (I believe BB sales are still very strong in Italy).
    I think they would include the home country in that too.
    09-21-12 07:39 AM
    Why is it highly unlikely that India would be the launch country? Consider this, I had the 9900 the same evening that Kevin put up his unboxing video on CB. India had the 9900 a good two months before it was seen in USA.
    And from the indications I'm getting from the retailers and distributors, India will be the launch country for BB10. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if the rumours come out to be true.
    Only time will tell.
    Well unless RIM itself is putting out a lot of misinformation, their customer profile in India is of people picking up cheap curves at cost on low-price internet plans not picking up premium devices at high margins - RIM needs the BB10 to sell at high margins on plans that carriers are making decent profits on. Which is why Europe and North America are far more likely to the 'selected' markets that the company is talking about.

That is not to say that India will not get a BB10 but it is doubtful that it will be in the first wave.
    09-21-12 07:50 AM
    Well unless RIM itself is putting out a lot of misinformation, their customer profile in India is of people picking up cheap curves at cost on low-price internet plans not picking up premium devices at high margins - RIM needs the BB10 to sell at high margins on plans that carriers are making decent profits on. Which is why Europe and North America are far more likely to the 'selected' markets that the company is talking about.

That is not to say that India will not get a BB10 but it is doubtful that it will be in the first wave.
    Let's see about that. We'll compare notes when it is actually launched in India. I will have mine on launch day in India so will know where India stands in the launch hierarchy.
    09-21-12 08:19 AM
    Yeah, definitely bb7. There's no way RIM is making a qwerty bb10 without touch.
    09-21-12 08:39 AM
    Let's see about that. We'll compare notes when it is actually launched in India. I will have mine on launch day in India so will know where India stands in the launch hierarchy.
    RIM roadmap leak claims first BB10 devices, London and Nevada by Q1 2013 - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit News
    According to BlackberryOS.com, however, RIM will launch BB10 devices in Europe first and later in North America, as the BB devices are more readily accepted in the European market than in the iPhone and Android-infested North American market. RIM may also want to keep the launch dates in the Indian sub-continent around the same time as Europe.
    09-21-12 08:54 AM
    Superfly,
    Mate I'm hoping for an India launch. And RIM's past history makes me hope it's going to be India first. I hope to show you a pic of my BB10 phone before you get yours. .
    But if it's going to be Europe, then the BB10 will be available in the Indian blackmarket the day it's launched in Europe. I will buy it at 2 times the price on the blackmarket. But I want it before the CB nation gets it.
    09-21-12 02:08 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD