Came across this article today. Would be nice if it was true.

RIM Release Date for Blackberry Storm 3 | Buzz Biz News
    10-26-10 11:08 PM
    That would be nice if it were true.
    10-26-10 11:34 PM
    Very nice
    10-26-10 11:38 PM
    "RIM will be trying to target customers who are waiting for the Apple white iphone 4 , which Apple has yet to announce a release date"

That really makes me question the credibility of the article. Anyone with basic logic knows very few people are just waiting around for the white one (who havent just gone and gotten a black one already), and surely RIM isnt targeting the potential white iphone buyers.

That's jsut a silly proposition.
    10-27-10 02:24 AM
    LOL, that article smell of fail! I'm actually going to agree with stuaw11 on this one...nobody waiting for the iPhone 4 in white is going to have any interest in the Storm3, especially if it's the refresh model of the 2. The only thing that would get attention from iPhone potentials would be a release of a QNX Storm with a 1+ GHz processor and high res screen, and I'm 99.9999999999999999999999999999999% confident that's not what we'll see if there is a Storm released before Christmas.

BTW, since the white iPhone isn't supposed to be released until Spring now, that WOULD give RIM time to potentially get a QNX based Storm up and running. And they really will need to do that since they will probably be fighting with the iPhone on VZW by then too.
    10-27-10 02:37 AM
    OK so someone waiting for a white iPhone 4 would see a Storm and buy one?!?! NFW.
    10-27-10 06:27 AM
    When are we ever going to get some credible information on the TRUE Storm3? If this is true, why doesn't RIM give us some specs? I thought the decision was made NOT to produce a refresh version, but wait for the LTE model? It seems too early for a LTE model and I can't see anyone but original Storm users to be interested in this phone, if knowing a LTE version was just a few months away???
    10-27-10 06:29 AM
    OK so someone waiting for a white iPhone 4 would see a Storm and buy one?!?! NFW.
    If it had the new QNX OS on it, got rid of the file size download limitations and truncated email, gave me the option to direct-connect to my email servers (ala ActiveSync) without the need for BIS so I don't have to wait 15 minutes for Push email , I might consider it.
    10-27-10 09:03 AM
    Well if that article is true then RIM has done nothing to lure me back as a customer.
    I traded my Storm 1 for a Nokia N900 8 months ago and it was like breath of fresh air. I do miss the email client on the BB with different alerts for different email boxes but I make do with activesync to an exchange server for my push email.

Tons of memory, 1 Gig of ram, I can install apps any where I want with the 16 gig of built in mem and even put them on the 32 gig sd card if I want, a real browser that renders pages just like a desktop.

I keep hoping as a long time BB user that RIM will come up with something to wow me, so I check inhere ever week or so, but so far I have been more and more under whelmed by their offerings.
    Same ole same ole with all the short comings and nothing to live up to the other phones out there.
    It would be nice to see RIM do a QNX based storm3 but I am having more and more doubts that will happen anytime soon.
    10-27-10 09:32 AM
    Kinda doubt this s3 would come out soon. It would surely steal the playbook's thunder by using a qnx os. The playbook is not even out, id say the s3 has a chance of coming out 3 or 4 months after the playbook. And only if specs are enough to justify it being called an s3, carriers and customers are tired of rim's approach to the storm line series specs, and rim knows it. But still tries to dump them on customers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-10 11:24 AM
    I think that is just a bogus reason to get the Storm 3 out of the gate. It is a good time to release it with the Playbook coming next quarter. AT&T have the Torch, Sprint has the Style, but VZ has nothing new so it makes sense to release the Storm3 before Christmas.
    10-27-10 11:47 AM
    I dont think this will hurt the Playbook because people who want the Playbook will buy it no matter what else is released. Two different products two different needs.
    10-27-10 11:48 AM
    A high resolution 1ghz processor with os6 storm would be GREAT ...great step till the qnx os comes ..BB6 is not as bad as people claim it and most people who hate it don't have it so let's see

10-27-10 02:52 PM
    I dont think this will hurt the Playbook because people who want the Playbook will buy it no matter what else is released. Two different products two different needs.
    I totally agree...two different products; it won't stop me from getting PB, if it's all they claim.
    10-27-10 02:57 PM
    I hope, the storm3 will be a REAL storm3 - and not this 2.5version...

I see it coming.:
    The only difference will be the 5megapix. camera and 512MB memory.
    10-27-10 03:28 PM
    Well it (Storm 3 9570) has shown up on Verizon's internal system for employees, so I don't think this article is too far off...
    10-28-10 03:16 PM
    The 9570 was that storm refresh that got canned and this article is probably just about that one without knowing its been cancelled.
    10-28-10 03:47 PM
    I can only hope it's the Storm 3 but judging from previous timetables I think Skeevecr is probably right. The 2.5 was due out around now but got canceled and the Storm 3 would probably be in early 2011.
    10-28-10 05:35 PM
    Everyone calls the Storm "refresh" the Storm 2.5, when internally there is as much difference between it and the Storm 2 as there was between the the Storm 1 and the Storm 2. Why does no one call the Storm 2 the "Storm 1.5"?
    10-28-10 05:41 PM
    Everyone calls the Storm "refresh" the Storm 2.5, when internally there is as much difference between it and the Storm 2 as there was between the the Storm 1 and the Storm 2. Why does no one call the Storm 2 the "Storm 1.5"?

There were some fundamental changes to the Storm 2 from the Storm 1, the Storm 2 to this 2.5/3 is just a RAM upgrade really, no chances in screen performance or build

though I do agree that the refresh is technically a 3, and the one that will be announced as the Storm 3 justifiably will be the Storm 4
    10-28-10 06:12 PM
    There were some fundamental changes to the Storm 2 from the Storm 1, the Storm 2 to this 2.5/3 is just a RAM upgrade really, no chances in screen performance or build

though I do agree that the refresh is technically a 3, and the one that will be announced as the Storm 3 justifiably will be the Storm 4
    As has been said before the Storm series most likely equals SurePress. I think the S4/QNX Storm/Triton or really the spec competitive, slab designed, non SurePress touchscreen phone we all want will be called something other then the Storm.
    10-28-10 09:11 PM

There was also a bump in camera MP from 3.2 to 5. I can't remember about the WIFI, was that bumped to 802.11n or not? Not that n would benefit a BB by much if anything.

10-28-10 09:32 PM
    There was also a bump in camera MP from 3.2 to 5. I can't remember about the WIFI, was that bumped to 802.11n or not? Not that n would benefit a BB by much if anything.

N doesn't realty benefit any phone unless its capable of wideband with 300 or 600 mbps.

10-28-10 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD